TNG Community
Barry Chuckle

The Denson Clan

arnold

Barry,

We cannot give many comments as we cannot log into your website. Please give us a temporary user id and password.

Arnold

Barry Chuckle

Barry,

We cannot give many comments as we cannot log into your website. Please give us a temporary user id and password.

Arnold

User: demo

password: demo

arnold

These are small suggestions:

1. In the lower left-hand corner, you provide an e-mail address. I would make it a "live" link (see below), so that a visitor only has to click on it to send e-mail to you.

2. In order to contact you, you provide both an e-mail address and TNG's contact form. For consistency, I would use one type or the other.

3. In your Top Occupations, the percentages seem low. The top six general public occupations in 1881 only total 9%

4.I would add your name to your website.

<A HREF="MAILTO:barry@densonclan.com">barry@densonclan.com</A>

or

<A HREF="MAILTO:barry@densonclan.com">Barry Chuckle</A>

Barry Chuckle

These are small suggestions:

1. In the lower left-hand corner, you provide an e-mail address. I would make it a "live" link (see below), so that a visitor only has to click on it to send e-mail to you.

2. In order to contact you, you provide both an e-mail address and TNG's contact form. For consistency, I would use one type or the other.

3. In your Top Occupations, the percentages seem low. The top six general public occupations in 1881 only total 9%

4.I would add your name to your website.

<A HREF="MAILTO:barry@densonclan.com">barry@densonclan.com</A>

or

<A HREF="MAILTO:barry@densonclan.com">Barry Chuckle</A>

Some changes made to the site based on your suggestions.

As far as the occupations stats go, I got the info from ancestry.co.uk. I will do some more research to back up/improve the figures

thewillistree

Some changes made to the site based on your suggestions.

As far as the occupations stats go, I got the info from ancestry.co.uk. I will do some more research to back up/improve the figures

Hi Barry

I love the look of your site - I'm especially taken with the 'Popular Surnames' tag cloud. Can you share how that was created as I'd like to add something similar to my own home page!

Regards

Paul

thewillistree

Another overhaul of my front page complete... once again any critique is welcome...

http://familytree.densonclan.com/index.php

Hi - I love the look of your site, including the colour pallette. But most of all I like the intro on the front page - the 5 paras which start, "Family history is so much more than just a list of vital statistics and place names..."

I'm not very good at writing like that and so I wonder if you would mind if I used your intro on my site? Or maybe used it as a basis for my own blurb?

I would of course acknowledge you in my 'Thanks To...' page...

Regards

Paul

Barry Chuckle

Hi - I love the look of your site, including the colour pallette. But most of all I like the intro on the front page - the 5 paras which start, "Family history is so much more than just a list of vital statistics and place names..."

I'm not very good at writing like that and so I wonder if you would mind if I used your intro on my site? Or maybe used it as a basis for my own blurb?

I would of course acknowledge you in my 'Thanks To...' page...

Regards

Paul

TBH I think I may have based that on something similar I saw elsewhere, or rather used it as inspiration so I can't really claim exclusivity of it!