TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
jefflev

Question for the guys running TNG and e107

jefflev

After I reinstalled the TNG V712 as a plugin in my e107 v716, using the tngIL bridge 1.5b4 I get this 404 Not Found error message, whether I'm logging in or out. I can close out my IE and reopen back to my website and it will show me either in or out. Can you guys tell me where I went wrong? My site is located at http://www.leverettefamily.info/news.php. If you want to try it out login using the name testuser and password bandit and then hit your back arrow. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

svoght

After I reinstalled the TNG V712 as a plugin in my e107 v716, using the tngIL bridge 1.5b4 I get this 404 Not Found error message, whether I'm logging in or out. I can close out my IE and reopen back to my website and it will show me either in or out. Can you guys tell me where I went wrong? My site is located at http://www.leverettefamily.info/news.php. If you want to try it out login using the name testuser and password bandit and then hit your back arrow. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

I just tried logging into your site with both Firefox 3.5.6 and IE 8 (build 8.0.6001.18702) and with neither one did I observe the problem you report here. When I click the back button after logging in, it merely re-displays the news.php page with the login box once again present.

What is the URL in IE's navbar when you see the 404 error? If I had to guess, you probably have (or had?) your path to TNG set incorrectly in the tngIL configuration. In the current version of tngIL, paths require both a leading and a trailing slash (e.g. '/e107_plugins/tngIL/') and if you omit them it will cause 404 errors when logging in or out.

-Steve

PS - there's a dedicated TNG-e107 topic in the forum (CMS integrations > e107) where you might get more responses in the future.

jefflev

I just tried logging into your site with both Firefox 3.5.6 and IE 8 (build 8.0.6001.18702) and with neither one did I observe the problem you report here. When I click the back button after logging in, it merely re-displays the news.php page with the login box once again present.

What is the URL in IE's navbar when you see the 404 error? If I had to guess, you probably have (or had?) your path to TNG set incorrectly in the tngIL configuration. In the current version of tngIL, paths require both a leading and a trailing slash (e.g. '/e107_plugins/tngIL/') and if you omit them it will cause 404 errors when logging in or out.

-Steve

PS - there's a dedicated TNG-e107 topic in the forum (CMS integrations > e107) where you might get more responses in the future.

First let me say I apologize for posting this in the wrong forum, I'll play closer attention from now on. I found my problem, it was in the tngIL e107 Database information. I left off the leading slash mark. Boy! one little mistake and it sent me into a tailspin.

Thank you for your response!

Jeff