TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
Badger

PHP-Nuke

Badger

I thought it time to incorporate PHP-Nuke with TNG. :shock:

Rather than trying to incorporate my existing data/database/files, I have decide to start from afresh & when all working, I will delete the old website. laugh.gif

Following all the instruction I seem to be 90% there apart from two issues that I would appreciate someones help with & these are:

When I go to my Genealogy section I have the following at the head of each page:

Warning: get_lang(modules/html/language/lang-English.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:inetpubwwwrootnukegenhtmlmainfile.php on line 205

Warning: get_lang(): Failed opening 'modules/html/language/lang-English.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:php4pear') in c:inetpubwwwrootnukegenhtmlmainfile.php on line 205

The other problem is that if I try to access for example Statistics or photos page, I get nothing displayed except:

Warning: file(/path/to/nuke/root/genlog.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:inetpubwwwrootnukegenhtmlmodulesGenealogylog.php on line 35

Warning: array_unshift(): The first argument should be an array in c:inetpubwwwrootnukegenhtmlmodulesGenealogylog.php on line 40

Cannot open /path/to/nuke/root/genlog.txt

For those of you that use Nuke, I hope this is a straight forward problem otherwise, I'm sticking with the conventional TNG set-up :cry:

Hope someone can help & many thanks in advance

Webby

I use to use Php-Nuke .. what a huge mistake. Even with all efforts to stop hackers they still got in. The core script is unstable, so be care many hosting companies are no long allowing Php-Nuke on their servers.

Anyway .. to answer your question. If you havn't figured it out by now. You need to have 2 copies of the English directory. One on root of nuke and one in the modules/Genealogy/

cjccwat

He is right just make the additional directories that its searching for and everything will work fine. You will have duplicate directories of some things.

Yes the core script you get from PhpNuke.org is very insecure. But by using one of the others offered by numerous sites that have reworked the code and adding one of the security packages available you shouldn't have to much trouble.

I have been using PhpNuke for 5 years for several sites and have repelled any attempts to hack into it. With one of the security packages installed their IP address is permanently blocked from viewing the site and I get a e-mail with all of their Whois information and report them to their provider.

PhpNuke draws the attention of hackers because so many people use it. Not to cut down TNG, because I couldn't be more pleased with it, but if it every drew the attention that PhpNuke does it could be hacked into also.

I have come to believe it the nature of PHP code and not a particular program. In fact PhpBB Boards, that is used here, have been hacked into several times including the main site where the program is obtained.

My site at http://mercerfamilyhistory.com with my tree has over 20,000 individuals, 9000 families and 3600 Unique Surnames and I couldn't be more pleased with how the two work together.

I limit access to the TNG Module and block by registered PhpNuke members only.

If you are still having problems or need additional help let me know.

I will tell you that do have to be careful about applying the updates.

AllenAyres

I use to use Php-Nuke .. what a huge mistake. Even with all efforts to stop hackers they still got in. The core script is unstable, so be care many hosting companies are no long allowing Php-Nuke on their servers.

Anyway .. to answer your question. If you havn't figured it out by now. You need to have 2 copies of the English directory. One on root of nuke and one in the modules/Genealogy/

Does the same go for PostNuke?

Webby

Don't know, never used it.

I decided to have TNG as the main script and add others to it. Instead of having something else as the main script with a bunch of stuff I don't use and TNG as a add on.