TNG Community
Grrr_Not

USER Passwords Changes

Grrr_Not

I have had a bit of a problem with the user edit function. When I go to edit, the password is changed by something..I'm not sure what. I wrote to Darrin but he said it was probably something pulled from my browser. I edited my own record and locked myself out so now I watch it. Has anyone else had this problem or only me? Also, somewhere I saw an option for a user to request their lost password. Where does one go to see their password and send it to them?

Ken Roy

Also, somewhere I saw an option for a user to request their lost password. Where does one go to see their password and send it to them?

Liane,

The Login page has two input boxes that allow the user to request

• their user id
    Enter your e-mail address below to have your username sent to you.
  • reset their password
    Enter your e-mail above and your username below to have your password reset (a temporary password will be sent to you).
This information is not viewable but emailed to the user.

Grrr_Not

Liane,

The Login page has two input boxes that allow the user to request

• their user id
  • reset their password
This information is not viewable but emailed to the user.

You mean the system is doing that automatically and I don't have to do anything?

Ken Roy

You mean the system is doing that automatically and I don't have to do anything?

You should not have to do anything to reset a user's password. They should be able to do it all themselves. There is a check box underneath where a user enters their credential for them to Reset your password

mortswife

You should not have to do anything to reset a user's password. They should be able to do it all themselves. There is a check box underneath where a user enters their credential for them to Reset your password

I'm locked out too. I can not get the 'auto send' to send a new temp password. The "reset" doesn't work either. I've dumped everything in the cache. Still nothing. It WILL send me my user name. I have no idea why it won't let me in. YIKES! and help!

Ken Roy

I'm locked out too. I can not get the 'auto send' to send a new temp password. The "reset" doesn't work either. I've dumped everything in the cache. Still nothing. It WILL send me my user name. I have no idea why it won't let me in. YIKES! and help!

See the answers in the above post:

• You have to enter both your User Name and Email Address to get a new temporary password.
  • Then you have to check the box in front of Reset your password on the Logon screen once you have a temporary password.

mortswife

See the answers in the above post:

• You have to enter both your User Name and Email Address to get a new temporary password.
  • Then you have to check the box in front of Reset your password on the Logon screen once you have a temporary password.

No - I did all that - DID get a new password. Still can't get in.