TNG Community
craig28

Web site down - newbie

craig28

Last week everything was fine. :-) Now I get messages below.

Error: TNG is not communicating with your database. Please check your database settings and try again.

MySQL version: MySQL 5.0.18 (client)

(TNG requires 4.0.1 or higher.) (red dot) MySQL (server)

I have no idea what to do. :neutral:

Would someone please advise.

If there is a better place to pos this problem, please advise.

Ken Roy

Last week everything was fine. :-) Now I get messages below.

Error: TNG is not communicating with your database. Please check your database settings and try again.

MySQL version: MySQL 5.0.18 (client)

(TNG requires 4.0.1 or higher.) (red dot) MySQL (server)

I have no idea what to do. :neutral:

Would someone please advise.

If there is a better place to pos this problem, please advise.

Take a look at the TNG Wiki article on Trouble shooting Database connection issues

The Red Dot next to the MySQL (server) indicates the server is down on your hosting site so you need to contact them.

craig28

Take a look at the TNG Wiki article on Trouble shooting Database connection issues

The Red Dot next to the MySQL (server) indicates the server is down on your hosting site so you need to contact them.

Host said nothing wrong. Found the "Database" settings gone! Corrected that and all is well.

mFenger

That has happened to me quite a few times, that the database settings disappeared. Does anybody know why it happens?

Kind regards,

Mogens

theKiwi

I know of one situation that at least in the past caused config.php to be wiped out. I don't know if it's still the case..

Using Safari on Mac OS X, if you were in the config area, made a change, then clicked the Back button to try and go back to the Admin index page, that would wipe out the settigs in config.php as it sent a set of empty values to it as you went back.

Does any of this sound familiar?

The obvious answer is to not use the Back button while in the Admin area, but instead use the menus on the left to choose a new area to go to.

Roger