TNG Community
John Paul

back up again

John Paul

Hello fellow e107 users. I finally wised up and got a real host at simplyhosting instead of fighting with hand me down hardware to run my own server. I'm still running my own server, but I'm running e107 and tng at simplyhosting now. I may even consolidate my wifes photography into it also......

I appreciate some feedback on the theme. I don't know if i'm going to keep it because i just cannot figure out why the horizontal sitelinks menu dropdowns are going horizontal. if anyone has any suggestions i'll try them. it's definitely theme/css related, but I've been trying to figure it out for a few days now.... I still got a bunch of tweaking to do, but the main site is up and running...

later guys and gals!

svoght

Hello fellow e107 users. I finally wised up and got a real host at simplyhosting instead of fighting with hand me down hardware to run my own server. I'm still running my own server, but I'm running e107 and tng at simplyhosting now. I may even consolidate my wifes photography into it also......

I appreciate some feedback on the theme. I don't know if i'm going to keep it because i just cannot figure out why the horizontal sitelinks menu dropdowns are going horizontal. if anyone has any suggestions i'll try them. it's definitely theme/css related, but I've been trying to figure it out for a few days now.... I still got a bunch of tweaking to do, but the main site is up and running...

later guys and gals!

Welcome back into the fold!

The site looks good... overall a nice classic appearance but with a few modern twists.

You're also right to be looking into the theme to hunt down the menu issue -- it's defined within the site template as a tablestyle. The specifics differ slightly depending on if you're using the old or new way of defining menus in e107, but you should be able to get it dropping down vertically by finding the {SITELINKS} code in your theme.php file, and changing that to {SITELINKS_ALT=no_icons+noclick} ... although the documentation on the e107 wiki is crummy and it's not clear if you might also need to add reference to an additional stylesheet to use it... :?

John Paul

Welcome back into the fold!

The site looks good... overall a nice classic appearance but with a few modern twists.

You're also right to be looking into the theme to hunt down the menu issue -- it's defined within the site template as a tablestyle. The specifics differ slightly depending on if you're using the old or new way of defining menus in e107, but you should be able to get it dropping down vertically by finding the {SITELINKS} code in your theme.php file, and changing that to {SITELINKS_ALT=no_icons+noclick} ... although the documentation on the e107 wiki is crummy and it's not clear if you might also need to add reference to an additional stylesheet to use it... :?

Thanks!

well, thats the the thing, I am using {SITELINKS_ALT=no_icons+noclick}, with the brainjar css stuff from the reline theme, plus the navigation css that came with the template . I searched hi and lo on the e107 forum, found a couple of threads regarding this problem, but no real solution (imagine that!). I'll keep searching the e107 forums tonight for a little bit.

and again, thanks!

John Paul

Well as you probably noticed, I completely redid my theme after template 8 using the sebes theme as the template. I think it turned out ok. as my time frees up a little from work (it's been extremely busy since I had to move a complete city hall 2 weeks ago) i may start porting the tng themes to e107. will that be ok? I don't think it should be a problem, that is with darrin and all....

anyhoo i hope you like what i've done and hopefully i'll be able to devote alittle more time here and there...

Ken Roy

Well as you probably noticed, I completely redid my theme after template 8 using the sebes theme as the template. I think it turned out ok. as my time frees up a little from work (it's been extremely busy since I had to move a complete city hall 2 weeks ago) i may start porting the tng themes to e107. will that be ok? I don't think it should be a problem, that is with darrin and all....

anyhoo i hope you like what i've done and hopefully i'll be able to devote alittle more time here and there...

John Paul,

Your site looks very nice.

John Paul

John Paul,

Your site looks very nice.

thank you very much. I'll be getting everything together over the weekend, you know, more content and all...