TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
urbie

site on local server

urbie

Hello

I've TNG integrated in a Joomlasite. I'm using the Joe Cox bridge and my site is www.urbion.nl Everything is working perfectly. However, what i want is to have the site on a local server to show it old aunts en uncles who don't have internetconnection. So i migrated the site by Joomlapack. The result is: everything works fine except TNG (aaaargghhh). I get errors like "Notice: Use of undefined constant doctype - assumed \'doctype\' in C:\\UsbWebserver\\Root\\tng\\config.php on line 52"

The guys from Joomlapack suggested TNG has its own "database connection information" which needs adaption.

Hope someone can give me a hint where to search for that, or better give a solution for that problem ? Would be great. Thanks in advance.

Ben

BobA

Hello

I've TNG integrated in a Joomlasite. I'm using the Joe Cox bridge and my site is www.urbion.nl Everything is working perfectly. However, what i want is to have the site on a local server to show it old aunts en uncles who don't have internetconnection. So i migrated the site by Joomlapack. The result is: everything works fine except TNG (aaaargghhh). I get errors like "Notice: Use of undefined constant doctype - assumed \'doctype\' in C:\\UsbWebserver\\Root\\tng\\config.php on line 52"

The guys from Joomlapack suggested TNG has its own "database connection information" which needs adaption.

Hope someone can give me a hint where to search for that, or better give a solution for that problem ? Would be great. Thanks in advance.

Ben

Ben,

I can't speak directly of Joomla, but I can tell you that a direct port from a website to your local machine will not work at all. The path information for everything is different between the two (meaning that your ISP path information that you are copying to your local site does not match the path on your local machine where TNG and Joomla are located).

You didn't specifically mention if you have set up your mySQL databases on your local machine for the two packages yet, but if not, that is another issue as well.

Again, I've fiddled with Joomla, but do not currently run it with my TNG on the local copy so I'm not sure what is to be gained by trying to fully duplicate your site, but the way I get around the issue of path information being different (therefore you CAN'T mirror copy the two sites), is to have two installations of the software (one on my local machine - running XAMPP as the server software, and the other on my host ISP). I just move the data ONLY back and forth between the two sites. Backing up the database from TNG on the "master side" and copying and then restoring the data on the "display side".

Hope that helps,

/BobA

reverendspam

I am not using joomlapack and I'm not sure if this is a Joomlapack or TNG issue without further investigation into it.....

Basically your error looks like joomlapack does not like the null variable definition of

$tngconfig[doctype] = ""
which you see on line 52 of config.php There appears to ajax issues with the way joomlapack handles doctype: http://www.google.com/search?q=joomlapack+...=utf-8&aq=t Here is an explanation and a few examples of doctype syntax: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/doctype/ ..... anyway, you may want to try changing line 52 of your config.php to the below statement and see if that works.
$tngconfig[doctype] = "<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">";

I hope that may work for you?

Let us know if you get it figured out and what had to be fixed as some of us may use joomlapack.

thanks,

-joe