TNG Community

"Session" file apparently not being saved

Ted

Hi folks...

I've been using Ged4Web for many years and admired sites using TNG. After my last upload of .html files took an hour - and 100MB - I decided to switch. Great program.

But one problem - and I've discussed this with Darrin Lythgoe, but wondered if any of you experienced users could offer insight.

My install went fine until I set myself up as admin. When I logged in to continue the installation, I was immediately booted back out again. Darrin says it looks like my server isn't saving the "session" file and so, TNG immediately logs me out and asks me to log in again. He suggested I contact my provider and ask what I need to do to get PHP to save session files.

I've done so, and while I'm waiting, I thought I'd join the forum, say hello, and see if anyone has any advice.

Thanks!!!

Ted

• 1 month later...

Hi folks...

I've been using Ged4Web for many years and admired sites using TNG. After my last upload of .html files took an hour - and 100MB - I decided to switch. Great program.

But one problem - and I've discussed this with Darrin Lythgoe, but wondered if any of you experienced users could offer insight.

My install went fine until I set myself up as admin. When I logged in to continue the installation, I was immediately booted back out again. Darrin says it looks like my server isn't saving the "session" file and so, TNG immediately logs me out and asks me to log in again. He suggested I contact my provider and ask what I need to do to get PHP to save session files.

I've done so, and while I'm waiting, I thought I'd join the forum, say hello, and see if anyone has any advice.

Thanks!!!

Ted

Ted - I just had this problem today, as a matter of fact! The problem was resolved when I logged on to my webhost (hypermart) and asked them what I needed to do to allow php session files being saved. They were able to switch something "on" for me and fixed it instantly.

You might see if your host has a live chat that you can use to ask them about the problem.