TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
Gustave

New User Validation ( Admin Off )

Gustave

All,

I turned off admin validation of new users, so if you start to see spammers get through please let me know and I can turn it back on.

Gustave

theKiwi

Since you required the birthdate validation thing the flood of them stopped, and I haven't noticed any spammers in a very long time.

And I won't miss checking through the pending registrations to see who to let in and who to bar either :-)

Thanks

Roger

Gustave

Roger,

Could not agree more, since you did most of the work there I guess I can't complain too much. 8)

The forum still sends me an email on every new member and I have not seen anything suspicious in a long time.

Gustave

theKiwi

Is the validation back on, or sort of back on? There have been a couple of names show in that list in the last week or so when I've checked it.

Roger

Gustave

Roger,

Sorry been tied up with a few things.

No, my thought is that it stayed in the validation queue because the person did not click the link in the email sent to them.

My thought is that it is okay to leave them there in the queue if that is the case.

Gustave

Is the validation back on, or sort of back on? There have been a couple of names show in that list in the last week or so when I've checked it.

Roger

theKiwi

OK Thanks. I think at least one of them that I've seen in that list in the last few weeks showed posts on a number of RootsWeb lists, so I let them in anyhow.

Roger

Sign in to follow this