TNG Community
John Paul

not logging me in as admin...

John Paul

ok, I just rebuilt myself a new linux server and got everything installed and made all the new mods you guys are coming up with, but now when I'm logged in, go to tngIL/index.php, it only says Welcome, . and does not show the admin and view logs menu items. It used to say Welcome, TNG Administrator prior to the mods, but i just can't seem to track it down now. any help with what i missed/messed will be appreciated. thanks for all your work on tngIL guys!

oh and merry christmas to all of you!

UPDATE: Never mind, I won't be using e107 anymore....

ca_drm1n

ok, I just rebuilt myself a new linux server and got everything installed and made all the new mods you guys are coming up with, but now when I'm logged in, go to tngIL/index.php, it only says Welcome, . and does not show the admin and view logs menu items. It used to say Welcome, TNG Administrator prior to the mods, but i just can't seem to track it down now. any help with what i missed/messed will be appreciated. thanks for all your work on tngIL guys!

oh and merry christmas to all of you!

UPDATE: Never mind, I won't be using e107 anymore....

You won't be using e107 anymore??? Why not?

- Al

John Paul

You won't be using e107 anymore??? Why not?

- Al

to be honest with you Al, I was pretty fed up (at the time of my post), with the so-called e107 community. I got so po'd about it, I deleted all my installations. pretty stupid, huh? it's funny how a handful of immature cry-babies can pull you down to their level. actually, I'm over it now, so I'll just go ahead and rebuild.. it won't take long, but it'll have to wait until later today. I got a little bit of last minute Christmas shopping to go do this morning.

thanks for asking. you guys here in this community are all standup guys and gals...

ca_drm1n

to be honest with you Al, I was pretty fed up (at the time of my post), with the so-called e107 community. I got so po'd about it, I deleted all my installations. pretty stupid, huh? it's funny how a handful of immature cry-babies can pull you down to their level. actually, I'm over it now, so I'll just go ahead and rebuild.. it won't take long, but it'll have to wait until later today. I got a little bit of last minute Christmas shopping to go do this morning.

thanks for asking. you guys here in this community are all standup guys and gals...

Hang in there, I know a lot of the folks on the e107 forums can be pretty snarky at times. To be honest, I mostly rely on the expertise of folks here in the TNG e107 community for all my e107 questions.

Merry Christmas!

- Al

svoght

Back when I first installed the e107/tngIL combo (way yonder two weeks ago) I was having a similar problem with it not keeping me logged into TNG. It turned out that the TNG session variables throw a hissy fit and drop you if you're trying to be logged into two TNG instances at the same time (one of the session variables TNG uses to validate the user is root path, and obviously two installations will have two separate paths). I'm not sure if this is only true for two installations on the same server or if it's a quirk of TNG installations web-wide, but that's one thing to check, especially since you're in the process of migrating a site.

The only other time I was having a similar problem was during my initial setup of the three front-page codelets that display the surname list, the random image, and the 'today in history' snippet, because the original code kept trying to verify your login status by checking an incorrect path-to-TNG (that pesky $cms[tngpath] variable that's not defined in an e107 installation!) I finally resolved that by defining $cms within the code of my theme.php file, but that's a bit more complicated and doesn't sound like the same problem you're having.

ca_drm1n

The only other time I was having a similar problem was during my initial setup of the three front-page codelets that display the surname list, the random image, and the 'today in history' snippet, because the original code kept trying to verify your login status by checking an incorrect path-to-TNG (that pesky $cms[tngpath] variable that's not defined in an e107 installation!) I finally resolved that by defining $cms within the code of my theme.php file, but that's a bit more complicated and doesn't sound like the same problem you're having.

Steve,

Since you brought them up, those "three front page codelets" you use on the front page are really nice. And I find it interesting that you have that right side menu on the main page of your site, but not elsewhere. How do you execute that within e107?

- Al

svoght

Steve,

Since you brought them up, those "three front page codelets" you use on the front page are really nice. And I find it interesting that you have that right side menu on the main page of your site, but not elsewhere. How do you execute that within e107?

- Al

Within my theme, I created a custom footer that's used on several pages. See this and this e107 wiki article for more details. Right now my news.php, login.php, signup.php and contact.php pages use this custom layout, while the rest default to the standard two-column layout (and it's easy to specify additional pages to use the layout if I add new ones in the future.)

For the three-column design, instead of closing the table after the main content cell, I create a third, right-column cell on those pages that contains {MENU=3}, which lets me stick those codelets (written as custom menus within e107 admin) on the three-column pages. The entire added code is as follows (I also added the 'rightmenu' menu style to display the menu titles without the >> graphic, and a .docrightcolumn CSS style to specify the cell width):

$CUSTOMFOOTER['three_column'] = "
</div></td>
<td id='docrightcolumn'><div class='docinnerbox'>
{SETSTYLE=rightmenu}
{MENU=3}
</div>
</td></tr></table>
</div>
<div class='smalltext' style='text-align: center;'>{SITEDISCLAIMER}</div>
";

$CUSTOMPAGES['three_column'] = "news.php login.php signup.php contact.php";

ca_drm1n

Within my theme, I created a custom footer that's used on several pages. See this and this e107 wiki article for more details. Right now my news.php, login.php, signup.php and contact.php pages use this custom layout, while the rest default to the standard two-column layout (and it's easy to specify additional pages to use the layout if I add new ones in the future.)

For the three-column design, instead of closing the table after the main content cell, I create a third, right-column cell on those pages that contains {MENU=3}, which lets me stick those codelets (written as custom menus within e107 admin) on the three-column pages. The entire added code is as follows (I also added the 'rightmenu' menu style to display the menu titles without the >> graphic, and a .docrightcolumn CSS style to specify the cell width):

</div></td>
{SETSTYLE=rightmenu}
{MENU=3}
</div>
</td></tr></table>
</div>
";

Does the added code here just go into your footer.php file? Also, I understand now that you have a menu area for those few pages, how I would add those codelets as "menus" within the e107 interface, but are the codelets each standalone files in your tngIL directory?

John Paul

</div></td>
{SETSTYLE=rightmenu}
{MENU=3}
</div>
</td></tr></table>
</div>
";

Steve, i'm rebuilding my site with a new theme built using alot of your template. however it seems like when i ran the mod manager files (didn't have much luck with that...) now my theme acts like it doesn'r even see the customfooter part anymore. any ideas on that? it was working great until the mod manager deal...

Woody

Hi John,

unfortunately I can not help you with this problem. Can you please send me the original file from tngIL 1.5b4. I think that is missing in the file here in the forum a few parts.

If that works with the log, what should I do then?

Do I need to modify some files. How do I display the menus in my theme. What changes do I need? :roll:

John Paul

Hi John,

unfortunately I can not help you with this problem. Can you please send me the original file from tngIL 1.5b4. I think that is missing in the file here in the forum a few parts.

If that works with the log, what should I do then?

Do I need to modify some files. How do I display the menus in my theme. What changes do I need? :roll:

Stefan, I'm not following you on your questions here. Could you elaborate a little more?

Woody

Stefan, I'm not following you on your questions here. Could you elaborate a little more?

Sorry Paul,

I was so engrossed in my problem, so I forgot to inform you further details. Sometimes I have to laugh at myself ....

So .... my problems start earlier than yours. I can not get the bridge (tngIL 1.5b4) works correctly.

Steve has also helped me, but it is not yet right.

I've downloaded the tngIL 1.5b4 file from the forum and installed it . But then I noticed that the file tngIL_config.php is missing . Steve sent me the file. And again I was a little bit closer to the goal.

Now I am of the opinion that it already is missing a file. Because when I click the tngIL plugin and then right the TNG Admin link, he can not find a file.

It is the message that he does not find a link below:

/ e107_plugins/tngIL/admin/index.php

But I have no index.php in tngIL folder.

Do you have the tngIL 1.5b4 file from before yet and can you send it to me please?

Well so is the current problem. And I need a second brain to think, because I alone does not succeed.

John Paul

Sorry Paul,

I was so engrossed in my problem, so I forgot to inform you further details. Sometimes I have to laugh at myself ....

So .... my problems start earlier than yours. I can not get the bridge (tngIL 1.5b4) works correctly.

Steve has also helped me, but it is not yet right.

I've downloaded the tngIL 1.5b4 file from the forum and installed it . But then I noticed that the file tngIL_config.php is missing . Steve sent me the file. And again I was a little bit closer to the goal.

Now I am of the opinion that it already is missing a file. Because when I click the tngIL plugin and then right the TNG Admin link, he can not find a file.

It is the message that he does not find a link below:

/ e107_plugins/tngIL/admin/index.php

But I have no index.php in tngIL folder.

Do you have the tngIL 1.5b4 file from before yet and can you send it to me please?

Well so is the current problem. And I need a second brain to think, because I alone does not succeed.

1st, have you installed tng and have it working? you're supposed to do that before installing tngIL plugin.

what I did was just create the tngIL_config.php as a blank file then gave it full write permissions (chmod 777). that worked while configuring the plugin. then it told me it couldn'r write to tngconfig.php, but i had that file from an older version of tngIL and that took care of that problem.

/admin/index.php is a tng file, not a tngIL file. you should have that if you have tng installed and working correctly. hope this helps some....

Woody

Hi John,

Helph, helph, helph

My problem has still not solved, unfortunately. Here's what I did:

1. e107 installed in the folder (/ e107)

2. created the empty folder tngIL (/ e107/e107_plugins/tngIL)

3. created the folder / tng8 in the folder tngIL (/ e107/e107_plugins/tngIL/tng8)

4. TNG V.810 in the folder tng8 copied and installed(with the e107_integration-TNG8mod_v8.1.0.cfg

5. Creates User classes "TNG_Admin, TNG_Guest, TNG_Member

6. tngIL plugin installed

7. Input the Main Config settings from tngIL

But unfortunately this does not login yet.

What did I do wrong?

On Main Config I can access.

On integration settings can I access

On class settings I can not access

On TNG Users can I access

On TNG administration I can not access

I told you once granted admin rights to my homepage. If you want you can even take a look.

Die times I send you information by email.

John Paul

Hi John,

Helph, helph, helph

My problem has still not solved, unfortunately. Here's what I did:

1. e107 installed in the folder (/ e107)

2. created the empty folder tngIL (/ e107/e107_plugins/tngIL)

3. created the folder / tng8 in the folder tngIL (/ e107/e107_plugins/tngIL/tng8)

4. TNG V.810 in the folder tng8 copied and installed(with the e107_integration-TNG8mod_v8.1.0.cfg

5. Creates User classes "TNG_Admin, TNG_Guest, TNG_Member

6. tngIL plugin installed

7. Input the Main Config settings from tngIL

But unfortunately this does not login yet.

What did I do wrong?

On Main Config I can access.

On integration settings can I access

On class settings I can not access

On TNG Users can I access

On TNG administration I can not access

I told you once granted admin rights to my homepage. If you want you can even schauen.

Die times I send you information by email.

Stefan, I think I see what your problem is. From what I've been reading here in the forums, the tngIL 1.54b plugin will not work correctly with tng version 8. I'm setting my site up with tng 7.1.3 until steve and them finish working on the new tngIL 2.0

Woody

Stefan, I think I see what your problem is. From what I've been reading here in the forums, the tngIL 1.54b plugin will not work correctly with tng version 8. I'm setting my site up with tng 7.1.3 until steve and them finish working on the new tngIL 2.0

Ok John, many thanks for your help.

I will waiting for tngIL 2.0.

Hope i must not waiting so long :(