TNG Community

Users can not log in without cookies enabled in browser.

TomD

I have had a couple of users complain about not being to login and could not understand their problem as I was able to login and use the site. I happened to be uploading pictures from another machine with very tight security and found I could not login and realized the problem was that cookies were not enabled on that machine.

I have added this link to the bottom of the main TNG page:

<a href="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283185" title="Help with cookies in IE6.">Cookies must be enabled on your browser to login to this site.</a>

I have the same problem but only with Firefox browser even full cookies authorization, Microsoft browser, no problem!

I hate to have to add on my web page: "only works with Bill Gates' products!!!"... laugh.gif

I have the same problem but only with Firefox browser even full cookies authorization, Microsoft browser, no problem!

I hate to have to add on my web page: "only works with Bill Gates' products!!!"... laugh.gif

This has nothing to do with "Bill Gates" or anyone else, except the user. You would run into the same problem if you were running Linux. One must remember that the only way a website can "remember" you is if a cookie is set, otherwise how would the website know one user from another?

I use Firefox exclusively (on Win XP) and do not have any problems with "cookies". I would be interested in seeing your (cookies) options settings. Mine are set as follows:

1) allow sites to set cookies

2) for the originating web site only

3) Keep cookies: (until I close firefox)

These settings work great for me not only on this board, but any other site that I have to log into.

HTH

My link for help on the cookie subject was to Microsoft and IE6 but I considered creating a page on my own site with a bit of info and links to help with cookie management on most browsers. I was going to see if I got any feedback on this link or not.

My link for help on the cookie subject was to Microsoft and IE6 but I considered creating a page on my own site with a bit of info and links to help with cookie management on most browsers.

TomD, I think that would be a great idea. The first thing you could tell your users is to trash MSIE. J/K, to each his own...It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a link to/about cookie management, maybe on the registration page or... you could include it in the email that your users get when the sign up. :wink: