TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mike Goodstadt

Global Keyword Search?

Mike Goodstadt

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone can help me build a single keyword search form.

Something a bit like Google's advanced search or Pirate Bay's search with category selector.

I am about to start hacking away but thought that there is a high probability that someone has already looked into this.

Is it possible?

I'm sure that this is just a case of knowing how to build the query correctly but I think there may also be an issue of displaying the results coherently.

All your thoughts are as ever welcome,

Mike

Mike Goodstadt

Aarrgh! I am getting nowhere.

For the moment I just want to have a single search term (eg. good) and for it to be applied as follows:

http://goodstadt.info/genealogy/search.php?mybool=OR&nr=50&tree=-x--all--x-&mylastname=good&fnqualify=contains&myfirstname=good&fnqualify=contains&mynickname=good&nnqualify=contains

Big question is can this be achieved on the form ie. without hacking search.php?

with bumps,

Mike

PS. This could then be expanded to a include any other name fields such as spouses to catch married women who change their name etc. Maybe later on could be more complex spell checking etc but for the moment I just need to get my head around the passing of inputs to the search function.