TNG Community

TNG Wiki

Gustave

This forum category was established to discuss the TNG Wiki. The Wiki can be found here:

TNG Wiki

Gustave Dahl

I asked Darrin and Gustave to create the TNG Wiki topic since I thought it might

be a better medium

• to discuss the organization of Wiki articles into the various TNG Guides so that information can be found more easily
  • to provide a place for feedback on the usefulness of the articles
  • to be a place where users can request articles on topics they need help on
  • to be a stimulus to get others to contribute articles to the TNG Wiki on their areas of expertise, such as other CMS integration environments and coordination between specific desktop genealogy software

• 8 years later...

Ken Roy,

I hope this is the right place to add this.  (if not let me know I will delete it)

on the Wiki - I noticed that there is pages that do not display at all if your not logged in.  As I know there must be many users that read the wiki but never sign up for an account it might be helpful to look into this.

Kathleen,

Can you provide URLs of pages that only display when logged in?  I have no clue what you are referring to, unless it has to do with wiki caching.

I did not write them down sorry, but I noticed it when I was working on that one edit.  If I did not login it did not show up on the lists but once I logged in to appeared.  There were a few others too but I am sorry I should have thought and wrote them down.

This appears to be a MediaWiki cache issue.  It used to be that adding ?action=purge to the wiki URL when not logged in would allow purging the cache.  that does not appear to work currently.  I have sent a message to Gustave and Darrin

I think your right on this.. As I noticed today not logged in that a page was showing up.  It just confused me before and thought it might be something you needed to look at.  (Giggles,  glad to know it is not just me thinking I was crazy)