TNG Community

e107 0.7.8 + TNG 6.2.0 + tngIL

ca_drm1n

Hi All,

Long time no post. I was running TNG 6.0.4 as part of a e107 ( 0.7.8 ) site, with tngIL for integrated login. I just completed the upgrade of TNG to 6.2.0, but am puzzled by the final note in the readme file:

Note for CMS users (ie, PostNuke, e107, Joomla). Please make sure that the new files showmediaxml.php and smallimage.php are on your list of pages that should not be processed by your CMS.

How do I accomplish this within e107?

Thanks,

- Al

OOOPS!

And one more... not sure what I did, but now my TNG stuff takes up the whole thing, instead of fitting within the e107 border like it used to. How did I mess that up?

Thanks again...

- Al

www.millerchronicles.com - click the Family History link to see the TNG portion...

If you are using version 1.5b4 of tngIL this is already accomplished in tngIL_begin.php as the following lines of code:

eregi("showmediaxml.php", $_SERVER[php_SELF])||

eregi("smallimage.php", $_SERVER[php_SELF])||

If you are using version 1.5b4 of tngIL this is already accomplished in tngIL_begin.php as the following lines of code:

eregi("showmediaxml.php", $_SERVER

[PHP_SELF])||
eregi("smallimage.php", $_SERVER[PHP_SELF])||

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply! I am still using tngIL 1.2... I plan to update that as well, but wanted to get the other kinks worked out first (I also still need to update e107 from 0.7.8.). Also, I was unsure from the posts here in the forum if tngIL 1.5 was out of beta? Any idea on what I should do in the meantime? Leave as-is?

Also, I think the reason my TNG stuff takes up the whole screen has something to do with stylesheets or whatever? I've also noticed I get the following errors for the footer of the TNG pages within the e107 site, but not for the top-level e107 pages:

Warning: require_once(FOOTERF) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/miller/www/www/e107_plugins/tngIL/footer.php on line 6

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'FOOTERF' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/miller/www/www/e107_plugins/tngIL/footer.php on line 6

Due to family, work, and other obligations, I have not been able to do much with the website since early last summer, so I have forgotten a lot of the details of how I got all the kinks worked out last time.

Rush, you out there? :???:

- Al

I'm adding a couple of screenshots to hopefully help someone advise me on what I need to do with style sheets (or something else) to get my TNG pages to display correctly within my e107 site.

Th first one (mainscreen.jpg) shows what the front page of my e107 website looks like - note the blue border at the top, and gray borders on the bottom and left.

The second one (TNGscreen.jpg) shows what happens if I click on the e107 menu link to the TNG pages - the TNG content fills up the entire screen (top, bottom, and left side e107 borders and links are all gone).

I know this is likely a simple error, but don't know what to change to make it right. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

- Al

www.millerchronicles.com

I'm adding a couple of screenshots to hopefully help someone advise me on what I need to do with style sheets (or something else) to get my TNG pages to display correctly within my e107 site.

Th first one (mainscreen.jpg) shows what the front page of my e107 website looks like - note the blue border at the top, and gray borders on the bottom and left.

The second one (TNGscreen.jpg) shows what happens if I click on the e107 menu link to the TNG pages - the TNG content fills up the entire screen (top, bottom, and left side e107 borders and links are all gone).

I know this is likely a simple error, but don't know what to change to make it right. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

- Al

www.millerchronicles.com

Al, first thing you need to do is get the 7.x to 7.11 upgrade from e107.org. This is pretty straight forward as you just over write the old files with the upgrade. Then go to admin -> Database and check for any updates.

Next you should download the tngIl 1.5.4b. The link to flint's site is here in the forum somewhere for the download. I would totally remove tngIl 1.2 plugin before you do anything else. there's a readme in the tngIl 1.5.4 zip that is pretty good but one thing you need to do is make sure you create the 3 tngIl user classes before you do anything. then just follow the readme and you should be ok. the 1.5.4 tngIl already has some e107 files modified so you just need to copy them over (like class2.php), but always backup the original file. I usually just rename the original to like class2_.php or whatever suits you.

It looks like you are using the sebes theme, but I don't think that is messing you up any. Let us know how it turns out or if you run into any problems...

• 1 month later...

I would totally remove tngIl 1.2 plugin before you do anything else. there's a readme in the tngIl 1.5.4 zip that is pretty good but one thing you need to do is make sure you create the 3 tngIl user classes before you do anything. then just follow the readme and you should be ok.

JP, Thanks for the advice. I have updated TNG and e107 to the latest versions, run the integrity checks, and all is well there. I am a bit confused on the tngIL upgrade - especially if I remove it entirely, since TNG itself is a sub to the tngIL plugin within e107. I have downloaded tngIL 1.5.4B (currently running tngIL 1.2 on the website).

Is there a semi-painless way to upgrade from 1.2 to 1.5.4, without re-creating user classes and all that stuff that was set up for 1.2? The 1.5.4 readme only seems to address a "from scratch" install, and I am leery of mucking up all my TNG stuff that is a subdirectory of the tngIL plugin.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

- Al

JP, Thanks for the advice. I have updated TNG and e107 to the latest versions, run the integrity checks, and all is well there. I am a bit confused on the tngIL upgrade - especially if I remove it entirely, since TNG itself is a sub to the tngIL plugin within e107. I have downloaded tngIL 1.5.4B (currently running tngIL 1.2 on the website).

Is there a semi-painless way to upgrade from 1.2 to 1.5.4, without re-creating user classes and all that stuff that was set up for 1.2? The 1.5.4 readme only seems to address a "from scratch" install, and I am leery of mucking up all my TNG stuff that is a subdirectory of the tngIL plugin.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

- Al

technically, all the tng files need to be in the same folder as the tngIL files. I believe this is because of the way the tngIL files have been written.

Are you using 2 seperate databases? one for e107 and 1 for tng? I personally use just 1 database for both. But you should be able to get it all to work the way you have it tho. I would just overwrite the tngIL files with the latest ones, but with your particular setup you may have to do a little extra work to get it all working correctly.

As far as the tngIL user classes, you only need the 3 as mentioned in the readme, so just modify what you have already. As far as the plugin is concerned, I would just uninstall the tngIL 1.2 plugin, delete the files (you don't have to delete the folder they're in) and then copy the new plugin files, then reinstall the plugin, then make sure your db paths are correct in the config area....

hope this helps somewhat as I just woke up and haven't had any coffee yet...let us know how it goes...

Thnaks for the speedy reply, I will give this a try tonite or tomorrow and let you know how it works out. I guess the easiest way to do it is ftp the contents of the 1.5.4 tngIL folder to the website, overwriting the existing stuff. I will double-check and see if the user-classes I created for the 1.2 version are the same as what is required for 1.5.4.

BTW, I do indeed have two separate databases on the backend - 1 for e107 and 1 for TNG. It worked okay with tngIL 1.2, so hopefully that will still be the case.

Thanks again,

- Al

One more thing - when I uninstall the plugin, do I wanna "delete plugin tables"? (Default is Yes). Also, what about "Delete plugin files" (Default is No)?

One more thing - when I uninstall the plugin, do I wanna "delete plugin tables"? (Default is Yes). Also, what about "Delete plugin files" (Default is No)?

You do want to delete the tables from the old plugin and yes to delete the plugin files if it allows you to do so.

...and yes to delete the plugin files if it allows you to do so.

Since all the TNG files are inside the tngIL plugin folder, will it delete those files too? Or will it know to only delete the ones associated with tngIL?

Last question, I swear... will this have a negative impact on the user accounts that already exist? I know they are stored within the e107 database, so they should be fine, but just wanted to ask...

Since all the TNG files are inside the tngIL plugin folder, will it delete those files too? Or will it know to only delete the ones associated with tngIL?

Last question, I swear... will this have a negative impact on the user accounts that already exist? I know they are stored within the e107 database, so they should be fine, but just wanted to ask...

sorry for the delay in getting back...honestly, I don't know so the safe bet would be to yes to delete the table and no to the files and then just manually delete the old tngIL files. and no it should not have any impact on existing user accounts. don't forget to modify the existing user classes for the updated tngIL plugin prior to installing it....