TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
jimflack

Deleting a tree

jimflack

I just bought V4 a few hours ago and Its all up and working (so well done with the instructions and ease of installation.

However (always an however isn't there .. lol).

I had previously created one large gedcom (18000 names) and uploaded this to the site (it works fine). But on closer reading (and my understanding) of all all the fine facilities this programme offers I wished I had added lots (20) of smaller gedcoms (trees) instead as this is far easier to update and manage.

Is there any easy way for me to clear out my mysql tables and get rid of the initial tree name so I can start again ??

(I'm a mysql dunce although I can get to the admin panel and enter prewritten queries)

rdmorss

From TNG Admin screen go to "Setup & Configuration" and then click on "Create Tables"

This will start you out with a fresh set of blank tables.

If you want to clear only certain tables in your database, you will need to log in to your mySQL database server with a utility such as phpMyAdmin. There you can select the specific table and click the "Empty" command (formally known as "Truncate").

jimflack

Thanks very much for that reply. Simple but most effective - as most good solutions are.

I will now take a deep breath - and a bit of careful thought - before I have to think through a total revamp of my website (genealogy section).

I must admit that the actual programme looks better every time I look at it.

Thanks again