TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
timbowling

Trouble with PHP Nuke module step 4.

timbowling

4. In modules/Genealogy create a symbolic link to English for eng

( If you can't create a symbolic link in your environment, just copy the directory instead )

Example: ln -s English eng

PHP-Nuke users, In modules/Genealogy also create a symbolic link to nuke language directory

( If you can't create a symbolic link in your environment, just copy the directory instead )

Example: ln -s ../../language

I do not have a terminal I can enter linux commands, I use a web host, and I am unfamiliar with unix and linux commands anyway. As a result, I do not understand this step. I avoid the not understanding symbolic links part by just putting the directory or file in the directory they want. However, I can't figure out which directory they want me to copy the English folder to. I assume they mean the English Folder that came with TNG. Anyway, can anyone explain this step to me sans the unix line commands? smile.gif Thanks.

timbowling

I talked with some database gurus here at work, and they explained to me what a symbol is.

From what we could figure out, the language directory in Nuke needs to be copied into the Genealogy folder, and the English folder needs to be copied into a new folder called eng inside the Genealogy folder. If this is wrong, please let me know.

Since my initial installation was so screwed up, I just reinstalled since a new version just came out. Unfortunately, when I press on any link in the admin menu, the frame stays there, but the pages are blank. Any idea what that could be?

Still getting lots of errors, mostly from permissions settings I think, but the blank pages in admin is making this a bear. I tried calling outside nuke and inside, same results both time.