TNG Community

FULL LIST - fonts used in TNG Template Header Images

ca_drm1n

Hi All,

After struggling with this for quite awhile and only finding partial answers here in the forum, yesterday I emailed Darrin and offered to post his response in the forums. He thought it was a great idea.

Hopefully this thread can be the definitive source for those who wish to modify the image-based text (i.e. "Our Family Genealogy Pages", "Our Family History", etc.) in the various templates. We can also post sources for free versions of these fonts here, for those who need to download them to their image-editing software. Here's the info Darrin provided:

Font list:

T1 (Template 1): Lucida Handwriting

T2 (Template 2): Poor Richard (headers), GEsans55 (photos & histories links; Arial

Narrow is good alternative)

T3 (Template 3): Vivaldi

T4 (Template 4): Aldine721 BdCn BT

T5 (Template 5): None (no text is image based; all fonts come from style sheet)

T6 (Template 6): Most are based on the style sheet. Those that aren't are unknown

(template was created by a user, not me)

Font sources:

As posted by Rush in an earlier forum thread, here is a free Vivaldi Italic (Template 3).

• 2 weeks later...
Jodi Sweere

I've emailed him now and again to inquire of one particular font...

Great idea to have a full list here.

I don't know if it's a stupid question,,,,,

I'm using template 4 and i'm trying to make a new header image in PaintShopPro, but I can't find the font, Aldine721 BdCn BT, in PSP . Is that not an available font,,,, how do I get it then?

Does BdCn BT refer to colors?

Mads, Denmark

I don't know if it's a stupid question,,,,,

I'm using template 4 and i'm trying to make a new header image in PaintShopPro, but I can't find the font, Aldine721 BdCn BT, in PSP . Is that not an available font,,,, how do I get it then?

Does BdCn BT refer to colors?

Mads, Denmark

Mads,

From a quick google search, it appears the BdCn is short for "Bold Condensed", and that this particular font is a Corel Draw font. I didn't find any links to free downloads of it, but you should be able to find something similar out on the web (or possibly within the PSP set of fonts).

- Al

Jodi Sweere

Hi Mads,

The font must be installed of your computer in order for it to be available from within your programs.

Al is right, the BdCn is "Bold Codensed". I believe the BT refers to Bitstream, which is the name of the font foundry who created this font.

• 6 years later...

For Template 3 font size for title.gif is 54pt for headertitle.gif it is 60. I just finished making my own custom title images and those are the sizes that worked. 8)

• 1 year later...