TNG Community

Desperately need help with login script error

Te Moananui

Te Moananui

Can you help?

I seem to have screwed something up, I keep getting the following error message when I am logged in to my website;

To see the problem go to my development site at http://s153119835.websitehome.co.uk/championfh/index.php

Without logging in follow these two tests;

Select Births and enter date 23 and leave everything else blank, you should see a record for William Thomas CHAMPION, and click on name and you go to the individual details sheet, as one would expect.

Now select Sources and choose Source ID 10 ‘Devon, Abbotsham, Buckleigh, Clifton House, you should now see four pictures associated to S10.

Repeat the above two tests, but this time logged in as User: guest; Password: tnghelp

When you select Births and click on William Thomas CHAMPION you get the following error message;

Cannot execute query: SELECT count(tng_photolinks.personID) as pcount FROM (tng_photolinks, tng_people) WHERE tng_photolinks.personID = tng_people.personID AND tng_photolinks.gedcom = tng_people.gedcom AND tng_photolinks.photoID = '' AND living = 1 AND ()

and, when you select Sources and click on S10 you get this following error message;

Cannot execute query: SELECT count(tng_photolinks.personID) as pcount FROM (tng_photolinks, tng_people) WHERE tng_photolinks.personID = tng_people.personID AND tng_photolinks.gedcom = tng_people.gedcom AND tng_photolinks.photoID = '' AND living = 1 AND ()

Any assistanced would be greatly appreciated.

TM

Te Moananui

Have you set the guest account to be able to view living people if not this could be your problem. Just a guess from the error message in that it states at the end that the person is living at the end of the query. Do you get the same problem when logged in as admin if not then it must be the geust account cannot view living info.

Hope this helps

Te Moananui

Te Moananui

Have you set the guest account to be able to view living people if not this could be your problem. Just a guess from the error message in that it states at the end that the person is living at the end of the query. Do you get the same problem when logged in as admin if not then it must be the geust account cannot view living info.

Hope this helps

Hi Steptoe,

Thanks for replying.

:oops: You know I talked myself out of this one. My first instinct was that it had something to do with living relations. I granted permission to see living relations, and it works.

But that leaves me with two things to clear in my mind;

(1) So for every relation who most likely has passed-on, whose death details I do not have, I need to put something in death details to stop the error message appearing. Is that correct?

(2) If I want to grant someone access to my family data, but I do not want them to see living relations, they will always see the above error message if they click on a link to see a living relation? If that is the case it would seem better to pop-up a message to say 'you do not have permission to see living relatives' or something like that.

Regards

TM

Te Moananui

1. have you tried unticking the living box when entering the persons details this may be part of your problem

2.If you do not want people recieving the message you can always edit the message to display (You are not authorized to view this page) or whatever by editing the script that handles the message as I'am new to TNG I currently don't know which file you would have to edit

hope this can help