TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
dleblanc

User setting with Nuke TNG V/S TNG

dleblanc

unsure.gif Question with Users setup with Nuke v/s TNG Nuke-Add-on

I understand the principle for “Both” and “Yes” for using Nuke and TNG Login. My question pertains to using these features but still restricting viewing all material until user is setup in TNG. To better explain is that a user can register to my Nuke site and able to use all the features/modules as permitted. Now I want to be able to use the “Both” or “Yes” login to TNG, but if a user is register to Nuke and I have not register them in TNG as a user, then they should not be permitted to access to the genealogy data. Currently the user can view partial TNG data with these setting. In the stand-alone version the setting can be set in the TNG config to require log in before any data can be viewed. Can this feature still be set to still log in and continue to work with the Nuke “Both” and “Yes”? If not my only alternate would be to set the Add-Nuke config to not display either “Both” or “Yes” and set the TNG config to Yes requiring the register user to have to log on twice.

The reasoning is so to not allow users to have full access till certain criteria is met and the administrator allows. I would like to give access to the information to my users if they register and to view other data pertaining to all family heritage not included in the Genealogy, then after the book is release sales or purchase by the users, and then the user setting for that person can be turn on to view the tree data.

This is how the system will be set up on the site.

1. All users to view modules that are give permission to see. To show what the site is and who may want to register. (no access to Genealogy viewing)

2. User Register as family members to view all modules as permission is granted but not the TNG till certain critical met or book purchased. (no access to genealogy Viewing)

3.User register as family members to view all modules as permission is granted and have access to the TNG once log in to the Nuke site using “Both” or “Yes”.

Thank to George van der Merwede for his advice in helping me with my set up with PHPNuke and TNG-Add ON

Danny LeBlanc

hvanleeuwen

Maybe I'm wrong but can't you just disable the module in phpnuke for everyone but certain registered users (groups)?

This way the geneology should not be available for visitors to your site who dont have the permission to, as defined in you rights management in phpnuke.

dleblanc

Only users in PHPNuke from what I know so far gives you three choices which are visitors, Register Users, and Admin. This does not allow you to critique each individual new user from what I found so far in the program. I don’t think the program was design to target one individual but rather the whole as a group, but here nor there, we are on the same wave link.

I already have it set for PHPNuke members to see the Genealogy Modules and that works fine. With the Nuke setting to “Both or Yes” allow them to be login to TNG if the cloaking is on and you have duplicated name created into the TNG User setup also. What I am trying to do is this. Now if a user is setup in PHPNuke but has not been given users right yet in TNG then they should not be able to see the data, but with the setting in the TNG as instructed by the TNG-Nuke readme.txt file states to make sure it is not set to “require login”. This where it presents the problem and using the TNG default setting of view partial data without login (not the visitor they are lock out from access to the module but the members are not). With this setting check off in the TNG stop all data from being view until login. I do not want the member to view or to sign in TNG until each has that level of permission when I give the user name in the TNG setup. Then after I assign the duplicated name in TNG for the Nuke to work the cloaking is when the data should be viewable to the member.

I don’t want to make it complicated but this would allow new members to view content of the PHPNuke site and protect the TNG data till permission would be granted. The integration with the two programs is awesome.

If this not possible then I guess will not use the cloaking and require separate user login to the TNG till a period of time that all users will be allow to view the data then turn the cloaking back on again. Just means two logins.

I hope this doesn’t make it complicated, just looking at security issues in the beginning of the setup for my users.

Thanks

hvanleeuwen

So, when a user registers to your site it should not be able to see TNG until you setup the permissions inside TNG?

dleblanc

They should get the same reponse as the visitor that this is a private site as below.

[code}You are trying to access a restricted area.

We are Sorry, but this section of our site is for Registered Users Only.

You can register for free by clicking here, then you can

access this section without restrictions. Thanks.

Its like you have the default setting of TNG where your guest can view certain data when you set the stand alone TNG v/s setting the require on setting on TNG config without using the TNGNuke portal. I like to see the same feature allow inside PHPNuke for the members when using the PHPNuke as with using the Stand Alone TNG.

unsure.gif I will have to take the chance and set the cloaking on the TNG-Nuke and then set the Require Log on in the TNG and see what happens.

Danny

dleblanc

I took the chance and so far so good and it works. So now a new member can login the PHP Nuke site and not have access to view any TNG even though I am using the Cloaking. They will get the permission only when I create the duplicate name in TNG.

So now choice a person can set up using TNG Nuke Add-on:

1. Setting the "Both" in the config using the cloaking and turning off the require login in TNG. Allowing to login either PHPNuke or TNG using the login on either program.

2. Setting the 'Yes" in the config using the cloaking and turning off the require login in TNG. Allowing only login in on PHPNuke and you are login on TNG and you do not see the login on the TNG. You have to log in on PHPNuke to view the TNG.

3. Setting the "" only in the Config without using the cloaking and just set the TNG require login. You have to log in Nuke to see the module but you have to again log in the view the TNG. Two separate log in.

and or my setting:

4. Set either the "Both or Yes" in the config with the cloaking and set the TNG to require login. This gives me the flexibility to allow the new users to view all content I give permission in PHPNuke to see important infor and when I decide they can view the TNG, I manually have to duplicated their user name in the TNG. Call it a tease or a eye section for visitor to want to register, new members who do register to see additional content and later full member to access the TNG. This feature gives the administrator full security and privacy for the family in the TNG program. I see how this works when I add my data in the TNG.

Danny