TNG Community
mrbucky

replace my .html home page w/ TNG index.php?

mrbucky

I have TNG installed in a separate folder on an existing website of html pages. I want to replace my existing .html home page at the root w/ a TNG index.php page. Can this be done? or does TNG have to be installed a tthe root?

Patti

I have TNG installed in a separate folder on an existing website of html pages. I want to replace my existing .html home page at the root w/ a TNG index.php page. Can this be done? or does TNG have to be installed a tthe root?

With my webhosting service I am able to go into the administration pages and tell it where I want people to be directed to reach my home page. If you can do that, you can just tell it to find your domain's home page in the folder where you have the rest of TNG. I do this because I have multiple domains on the same ftp site.

brumer

If you like you can create a new "index.html" that is basically empty but include this line up the top with the other meta-tags. (to replace yours)

<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="1;URL=http://www.yoursite.com/TNG-folder/index.php">

The number 1 being seconds......... set to 0 for immediate redirect.

The URL is to where it will redirect the person to.

Just be aware that it is hard to pre-test because of the immediate re-direct!!!!

Russellgs

If you like you can create a new "index.html" that is basically empty but include this line up the top with the other meta-tags. (to replace yours)

<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="1;URL=http://www.yoursite.com/TNG-folder/index.php">

The number 1 being seconds......... set to 0 for immediate redirect.

The URL is to where it will redirect the person to.

Just be aware that it is hard to pre-test because of the immediate re-direct!!!!

You can test it by changing the 1 to a bigger number such as 5 or 10 seconds which should be plenty of time to see the effects.

russ