TNG Community

Editing Contact details on Template

africanaunty

africanaunty

A few years ago a really awesome lady created this template but for the life of me I cannot change the link for the contact details.

It goes straight to my email address but this TNG builder is an add-on to my main webpage and I cannot find how to direct the contact link at the bottom of this page https://www.ancestors.co.za/database/trees/ to this page https://www.ancestors.co.za/contact/

I hope there is someone who can help me out please?

thanks a million in advance.

The African Aunty

Rob Severijns

Hello,

The template you use is created by Marsha from Genealogy Web Templates.

Go to Admin>>>Setup>>>Template Settings and look for Footer Link 2:  and Footer Link Name 2:

Putting the link https://www.ancestors.co.za/contact/ into those fields should do the trick.

You can of course edtit the name too.

Hi Aunty

Can you snapshot the whole page.. I'm sure there will be somewhere to change what you are after..

africanaunty

Hi Rick

I tried doing a screen shot but the page is too long - can make you an admin for the day and you can have a peek?

You can email me at heather@ancestors.co.za 

kind thanks

Heather

Rob Severijns

Hi Aunty,

I see you haven't read my private message in which I asked tremporary Admin access.

But no worries, for @RickM is able to fix this for you.

If not.... you know where to find me.

Rob Severijns

Hello Heather,

You already have my email address in the forum.

Check your private messages on top of the page.

image.png

Rob

Hi Heather,

I think Rob will have this sorted for you in short time.. I will bow out in favour of him fixing your issue..

You could go back to @Marsha Bryant and ask that she add the ability to change the footer Contact details within the Template settings.. If she gets it done soon it might get included in the next TNG release.. That would mean you having to update TNG from v12.xx to v14.xx.. Or maybe Marsha could sort that specifically for you..

Enjoy your evening..

edglimited
On 5/27/2023 at 3:51 PM, africanaunty said:

It goes straight to my email address but this TNG builder is an add-on to my main webpage and I cannot find how to direct the contact link at the bottom of this page https://www.ancestors.co.za/database/trees/ to this page https://www.ancestors.co.za/contact/

Hi Heather, the obvious question, that should have been asked was, "What GWT Template are you using".!!! What you require is a simple redirect that can be added to the code in the "Contact Section" on this WebSite https://www.ancestors.co.za/database/trees/

which will take the viewer or user to this WebSite https://www.ancestors.co.za/contact/

Depending on what GWT Template you are using, the Contact code can be found in either the index.php file or the footer.php file. This code is from GWT Template 19.
The index and footer files can be found within the Template folder on your Host Site, where you have TNG installed.

<article class="contentBox3b">
      <h4><!-- Title of 2nd box --><?php echo $text['contactus']; ?></h4>
        <ul class="list1">
            <!-- Contact Us Space -->
            <li><a href="suggest.php"><?php echo $text['contactus']; ?></a></li>
                <?php
                    //if($tmp['t19_ttitletext']) {
                ?>
            <li><?php echo getTemplateMessage('t19_ttitletext'); ?></li>
                <?php
                    //if($tmp['t19_link']) {
                ?>
            <li><?php echo getTemplateMessage('t19_link'); ?></li>
      </ul>
   </article>

The redirect can be added in the above code, which will solve your issue.

Drew..

Edited by edglimited
removed sample link

Its easy enough to know what Template is being used..

The OP suggested that there was a need for someone to help sort the issue.. It cannot be sorted within the Template Setup in TNG and indeed can only be coded into the footer.php file for the Template 206 (BTW).

I have asked for FTP access to resolve this for Heather and have been awaiting further contact.. I've also suggested I am happy to leave this to @Rob Severijns as he is also in contact with Heather..

Thanks for the direction Drew!! I had that in hand..

africanaunty

Thanks Drew - i am fully aware of how to change the redirection but it seems that the CSS template is buried so deep in my files and there is no CSS file that remotely matches it. Most of the footer 

I will have to keep digging or find a way of contacting the designer as all three green links below don't even work at all. https://www.ancestors.co.za/database/trees/

kind thanks

Heather

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 06.02.31.png

edglimited
7 minutes ago, africanaunty said:

I will have to keep digging or find a way of contacting the designer as all three green links below don't even work at all.

Hi Heather, as far as I am aware, the green buttons were never designed to work, nor are the blue ones on my Site.. They are simply "fancy" placeholders for Quick Links, Contact Us and Webmaster Message. They are workable if needed. But theres not much point, as links are done after the "->"

If you have any queries, simply contact Marsha.... Heres a quick way. @Marsha Bryant can you assist Heather please.

Drew.

Heather,

The buttons below (as you describe them) are NOT actually buttons.. They are headings that indicate Quick Links Contact US and WebMasters Message.. Drew has ignored me, so does not see what I add but gee wizz his awareness is pretty amazing..

I'm now very confused as to what help you require and if indeed I need to spend time on this.. The login details you provided me for your TNG site have been deleted so I can no longer help there..

africanaunty

thanks very much. You said the PHP file needed to be edited but from what i have learnt in web development a PHP file is not what needs to be edited but a CSS template file which is nowhere to be found that fits the TNG description. If i find it I will let you know but i have over 4000 files in my website directories as its rather complex.

kind thanks

Heather

africanaunty

Hi Guys

I managed to find the list of files for the template but am struggling to find them on my php manager?? 

Just seems that it might be installed else where ?

Lets hope Marsha can help.

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 08.15.07.png

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 08.18.04.png

edglimited
21 minutes ago, africanaunty said:

Hi Guys

I managed to find the list of files for the template but am struggling to find them on my php manager?? 

Just seems that it might be installed else where ?

Lets hope Marsha can help.

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 08.15.07.png

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 08.18.04.png

Looking in PHPMyAdmin, is the wrong place. You need to login to your Host or WebSite provider, where you have TNG itself installed. Once you are logged in, navigate to the CP or Control Panel. Find the HTML tree and then search for the TNG Templates Folders. Open the Template 209 Folder and you will find the index.php file and footer.php file. There will probably be several subfolders, about images, CSS etc. The code I mentioned earlier, should be in the index or footer file. Make the change to the href section to point to where you want it to redirect.