TNG Community

getperson thumb bug

Bkvin

Hello,

I have a problem with the GetPerson.php page, all mods are disabled. On the last quote I have a thumb but not on the previous ones. The image link is "img/" instead of ".../documents/thumb/...png".

image.png

I don't fit in this condition because $usefolder is empty.

image.png

I've looked in the code and can't find it :(

thank you

Have you resolved this issue???

It might be good if one could have access to look at this within TNG..

Hi, I haven't tried again since last week. I took a break ;).

During my research last week, I saw that the variable $mediatypes_assoc was empty. I'll have to test it again.

Would you like TNG access ? 

Taking a break is good...

Maybe you will sort it..

If not yes, TNG Admin access might help me solve this for you..

you can PM that to me.. Don't publicly!! <Smile..

Good for you..

Sometimes a little step back helps moving forward very quickly!!

To be honest I'm not sure what the issue was / is I'm not sure what code changes you made to make it work and not being able to see the issue 'live' does make it hard to picture..

Would like to help sort it and confirm if a 'bug' if one could see it in action etc..

Yes, I understand that it's complicated like that. For my genealogy/heritage association, I used TNG (for testing purposes), so it's an empty database with another domain etc ... I have the same problem :

image.png

in fact we use getCitations(...) the global variable $mediatypes_assoc before it is initialised tng_header(...).

2 hours ago, Bkvin said:

in fact we use getCitations(...) the global variable $mediatypes_assoc before it is initialised tng_header(...).

In effect then you have altered code to suit the needs of your particular setup.. That is how I understand what you are saying!!

Again makes it very hard to debug..

If I read it a different way, perhaps you are NOT pointing to the right domain/database to extract/obtain the correct thumbnail..

It could be that because this is an offline setup, it is not connecting to the internet at all to get the information required!!

So just seeing a picture gives no one an opportunity to help you..

Sorry I sound rude.. I'm not meaning to be.. As frustrating as this might be for you, it can be for those who are trying to help.

Edited by RickM
Apology added