TNG Community

Multiple trees - Media directories

geraldomeier

geraldomeier

I run multiple trees on a TNG 4.0.1 and have set the option "separate trees in tree folder" in General Settings / Media.
Now the different tree admins (like treeoneadmin, treetwoadmin) can upload photos into all trees, they see the whole structure like 

photos/
photos/treeone/
photos/treetwo/

in my opinion, treeoneadmin and treetwoadmin should NOT see the photos/ root directory, they should only see their respective sub directory and below

treeoneadmin
photos/treeone/

treetwoadmin
photos/treetwo/

The same ist true for documents/treeone/ - headstones/treeone/ etc.

Is there a setting, where I can tie the tree admins to their specific sub trees only, or is this an access rights matter of TNG ?
I dont' want, that treetwoadmin can access the photos of treeoneadmin or other tree admins !!! How can this be solved?

Gerald

Rob Severijns

Gerald,

Via the user rights you can limit the tree access.

Select the user and give custom rights then select Restrict the above rights to the following: and choose the tree.

That should do the trick

Do make sure the custom has the same boxes checked as the admin

geraldomeier

The confusing part was the Synology installation help from https://skdavis.net/viewtopic.php?t=6 some TNG versions ago. SKdavies mentioned then, that some directories have to be changed to 767 on a Synology, including the /photos directory. But that may have changed in the meantime. 755 will do. 

I found out that the granted access rights to the photo/ and photo/treeone make no difference, whether they are 755 or 767. photos can be uploaded, thumbnails are generated etc. BUT I still have the problem, that the uploaded photos go to the default photo/ root directory, even when a user with editor rights granted to a single tree only uploads them. The photos of the editor of treeone should by default go to the photo/treeone/ subdirectory. But that is not the case.

Gerald

Edited by geraldomeier
Still having the problem on the Synology

Michel KIRSCH

Try what Rob said :

goto users -

Set adminone as administrator

then assign it a tree (it becomes a contributor with all rights on this tree)

Save and test...

DO NOT Assign a tree to yourself ! The 'real' administrator should NEVER be assigned to a tree !!

Michel