TNG Community

Basic question: How to use/display template

wkenna

I just recently upgraded to v14 and am new to using templates. I previously used a custom PHP "home" page in the TNG main folder that I want to replace with a template.  In the settings menu I selected template 13 and saved. I deleted my custom index.php file. 

Now what do I do to use the template? Do I copy the contents of the template 13 folder to another location? Or do I just directly reference the index.php file in the template folder?

When you select a Template, TNG uses the files from the template\templatenn folder that  you selected, 13 in this case

Thank you for the quick response. Okay, so TNG knows to use those files. Now how do I get that template to actually display/load? Doesn't there need to be some index.php file in the TNG main directory??

1 hour ago, wkenna said:

Thank you for the quick response. Okay, so TNG knows to use those files. Now how do I get that template to actually display/load? Doesn't there need to be some index.php file in the TNG main directory??

Yes - there should be an index.php file in the main TNG root that contains at its start coding to figure out if you've chosen a Template or not.

Roger

Go to the TNG Downloads page and download the full install version of TNG 14 and get the index.php file from that and upload it to your sit'e's root folder

Roger

13 minutes ago, theKiwi said:

Go to the TNG Downloads page and download the full install version of TNG 14 and get the index.php file from that and upload it to your sit'e's root folder

Roger

Oh, that's brilliant. Thanks for the help!