TNG Community

images not matching facts

linetype

Hi

I've ftp'd my images onto my site and put my gedcom file there as well, but the images are not matching the records they refer to. I'm sure it's simple but what am I doing wrong, please? as you can see in the screenshot the images are tantalisingly close to the records I want them to illustrate

thanks

Screenshot 2022-11-24 144456.png

Rob Severijns

Looks like the images are the same but placed in different collections (Photo's and Documents)

The ducuments are not linked to a person or event.

Via Admin >> Media you can select the files that aren't linked and link them again or you can delete all the images that are alike but not linked.

Selecting all the images and changing the collection will hopefully solve the issue.

You also need to asign the thumbs.

not a bad suggestion, but I don't think the collection is the problem - and with over 3000 documents (and more photos) I'm hoping I don't have to link each one by hand... 

thanks

Checked - all the images uploaded have thumbnails - somehow TNG can't associate the images with the relevant gedcom line. I must have some option unticked in the process.

thanks

Rob Severijns

Are the files identical or different?

If you have a recent backup you can restore the previous situation and import the GEDCOM again with the correct boxes ticked.

Rob Severijns

By the way upload to FTP is not the same as importing a GEDCOM. 

If the GEDCOM is from a different Genealogical program check if the the lines in the GEDCOM are containing the link before import.

So I'm still stuck, sorry of my last message seemed as if the problem is fixed - I still have this problem... Anyone any ideas, please?  thanks

Rob Severijns

No problem.

Could you answer the questions below before we go any further.

Your TNG version is 12.3 so I guess you've been using TNG for more than a year.

• Do you have a recent TNG backup so you can restore to a situation when all was still correct?
  • Do you have a TNG GEDCOM containing the correct lines with the links?

I don't use Family Historian So I don't know what the plugin does.

• Does the plugin create a GEDCOM?
  • If so, do you have a correct Family Historian GEDCOM containing the correct lines with the links?
  • If no, what does it create?

My two cents: I had the same problem every time I imported a new gedcom. My new practice, which solves it totally, is to empty the table "tng_medialinks" prior to import.