TNG Community

SOSA mod -- Table Created but Collation error [Update]

KevyNC

Hi.  I have never used this MOD before discovered when I was doing a fresh install of 13.1.2.

I have total of 20 mods. The SOSA has been created but NO first got no rows are in the table.  Not if I missed an option.

Now after using Designate  -- the table appears to be created correctly but I get collation error.

SELECT sosa, tree, tng_sosa.personID, implex, lnprefix, lastname, firstname, living, private from tng_sosa LEFT JOIN tng_people ON tng_people.personID = tng_sosa.personID AND tng_people.gedcom = tng_sosa.tree WHERE tng_people.gedcom = '7' ORDER BY tree, CAST(sosa as unsigned) :

Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=

ps. @Michel KIRSCH  not sure if you can help

I think I am missing where to set SOSA #1 / home person?

I manually added a row to the SOSA table - but only worked for SOSA #1. 

still missing something or something is preventing from rows  being added to the table.

also get this error when I manually add the row 

SELECT sosa, tree, tng_sosa.personID, implex, lnprefix, lastname, firstname, living, private from tng_sosa LEFT JOIN tng_people ON tng_people.personID = tng_sosa.personID AND tng_people.gedcom = tng_sosa.tree WHERE tng_people.gedcom = '7' ORDER BY tree, CAST(sosa as unsigned) :

Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='

Kevin

Rob Severijns

Kevin,

When at the individuals page you can set the person as Sosa 1

See picture below.

2022-11-24 (1).png

If that menu option doesn't exist something might have gone wrong during install.

There are a few warnings on the wiki page regarding the sequense of installing this mod.

You may also want to check te Sosa parameters in Setup .. Configuration.

Rob

Thanks Rob. Might need to change the database collation or the mod's getting this:

Not sure how to fix the collation error

"SELECT sosa, tree, tng_sosa.personID, implex, lnprefix, lastname, firstname, living, private from tng_sosa LEFT JOIN tng_people ON tng_people.personID = tng_sosa.personID AND tng_people.gedcom = tng_sosa.tree WHERE tng_people.gedcom = '7' ORDER BY tree, CAST(sosa as unsigned) :

Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='"

Michel KIRSCH

you have to work in your phpMyAdmin program.

Select your database, then "operations" tab

at the end of the page, in 'interclassement",

- choose the utf8_general_ci collation in the list,

- check the box "apply to all tables"

- then execute

interclassement.JPG

Michel KIRSCH

Kevyn,

I sent you a personnal message with a solution, thanks to Brent

Michel