TNG Community
Katryne

No display of photos with php8

Katryne

Hello,

I can view thumbnails, and smallish photos in popup when hovering the thumbnail. But no image is displayed on the photo page.

If I go back to php 7.4, images are back where they belong. I tried with several browsers, but with php 8.0.25 or 8.1, I cannot get any image displaying.

You may try it here , with any document : https://genealogie.revestou.fr/browsemedia.php?mediatypeID=documents

On my private family site, though, running php 8.1, the photos are displayed correctly. The theme is the same. Both site are TNG 13.1.1.  Both sites are hosted at Ionos, though not the same contract and server.

Should I compare the installed mods in each website ?

klooster

Hi Katryne,

I am also running PhP 8.0.25 and have no problems with displaying documents, check my website:  Kloosterman Documents

So the problem you are having is not the PhP version 8.0.25.

When I check your page, the problem is there, it must be an installation or  mod problem.

What you suggested "compare the installed mods in each website" sounds to me a sensible idea.

Rob Severijns

Hi Katryne,

I believe Cees is right for there is more that is not correct.

image.png

image.png

Rob

klooster

Yes Rob is correct Kathryn, the family groupsheet also throws a problem, see screenshot:

854D5677-C5F3-41BF-80F8-BEBBD6B52C09.jpeg

Ken Roy

Katryne,

TNG 13.1.1 does not support PHP 8.0.25 nor PHP 8.1   See TNG versions

You may need to upgrade to TNG 13.1.2 or wait for TNG 14 which is currently in beta test.  There might be parts of TNG that work correctly but  not everything does

Katryne

Thanks to both of you.

The family group page is now correct, with uninstalling the mod Hide private and living person.( I have the latest available mod : v. 13.0.4.5 .)

But I still have no clue for the photo display.

I am going to uninstall all the mods and see what happens, reinstalling them one by one, since I found nothing when I compared my 2 sites.

Ken Roy

Not all mods in TNG 13 have been updated to support PHP 8

Katryne

Well thank you Ken, I had not see your messages. What I do not understand is the difference between my 2 sites : they are running same php versions. Meanwhile, I will downgrade php version.

And I was not aware there was a TNG 13.2 release.

Edited by Katryne

Ken Roy

Katryne,

Are you using different mods on each site? 

Katryne

Well, the site where all is in order is private, on the public site, I have installed in addition :

- Hide private and living persons
- Secret medias

But when I uninstall these 2 mods, nothing changes regarding photo display.

Just now, I activated php 7.4 on  https://genealogie.revestou.fr/  and all is back to normal.

I found the 13.1.2 release zip in a corner of my computer, not unzipped yet, shame to me 😳 . I will come back here when this, at least, is done

Katryne

Hello everybody !

This morning, I updated my site to 13.1.2. I tested is immediately without enabling any mod.

Photos are displayed under php 7.4.

Photos are not displayed with php 8.0.25.

I tested it on 4 browsers, connected or not.

What can cause this issue ?

Katryne

I will now enable again php 7 and the mods since I have to work on the site this afternoon.

Ken Roy

Katryne,

Did you do forced reloads to clear cache as documented in Bypassing Browser Cache ? Media and other parts of TNG use javascript and jQuery scripts that might not have been replaced in the server cache after an upgrade.   Session cookies might also be an issue.  I do not know if the Clearing Cookies document is still accurate

Katryne

And the soluce lies ... with TNG General config/medias : in the village site I had limited the size of the documents and I had let them empty in the family site. Thus, when the image would excede the 3000px x 3000px I had set in config, it will not be displayed. Now I have emptied the 2 fields, all the documents are displayed correctly.

Nothing to do with php version or mods.

Thanks to you all, you enable me to, at last, update my site.

By the way, let us know that this limit was not taken into account with  the version 7.4 of php

Edited by Katryne