TNG Community

Exporting GEDCOM...fault

HenningB

Dear Community

maybe someone has experience with this or can help me with the problem, thanks

During the first update from 13.1.1 to 13.1.2. I had forgotten to uninstall the MODs. My fault. When updating again, the instructions in the README file have now been followed exactly, I get the following error messages with a GEDCOM export.

Everything else seems to work without problems as far as I can see.

first and second error message

Query: INSERT INTO tng_saveimport (filename, fileoffset, gedcom, media) VALUES("/www/htdocs/w017e1cc/tng.brunk-net.de/GEDCOM/TNGB.ged", 0, "TNGB", "0")

Unknown column 'fileoffset' in 'field list'

Query: SELECT filename, fileoffset, lasttype, lastid, icount, fcount, scount, ncount, rcount, mcount, pcount, media from tng_saveimport WHERE gedcom = "TNGB"

1 hour ago, HenningB said:

indicates that you did not update your database in one of the updates.   Sorry, I do not remember when the change was made

Dear Ken,

that was the initial spark, based on your reply I found this on Wiki:
https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php/DB_update_failed
and in my case running
https://tng.brunk-net.de/upgrade_db13x-13x.php
led to success.
Thank you.
However, I must admit that I have never done this before and I have not had any problems of this kind to TNG.

• 1 year later...

I hade the problem. Darrin said: That means that your database refused to execute one of the commands in the database portion of the upgrade. That command was supposed to rename the "offset" column in the tng_saveimport table to "fileoffset", but apparently that didn't happen. If you can get access to phpMyAdmin on your site control panel, you can fix that yourself. Then you'll also need to add a new column called "barwidth" (INT 11) immediately after that.