TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
Byron

New User -> Unknown column 'allow_private_notes' in 'field list'

Byron

When I try to create a new user, I get the following error:

An error has occurred in the TNG software. What to do:
If you just installed an upgrade, you might have skipped part of the installation instructions. Go back to the upgrade readme page reread the instructions. Pay special attention to the database structure step.
If you just installed TNG for the first time, you might still need to create the database tables. Return to the readme.html page to find that step.
If you are the site owner, you may contact TNG support for further assistance with this problem. Please copy the query below and paste it into your message.

Query: INSERT IGNORE INTO tng_users (description,username,password,password_type,realname,phone,email,website,address,city,state,zip,country,languageID,notes,gedcom,mygedcom,personID,role,allow_edit,allow_add,tentative_edit,allow_delete,allow_lds,allow_living,allow_private,allow_private_notes,allow_ged,allow_pdf,allow_profile,branch,dt_activated,dt_consented,no_email,disabled) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)
sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss | Test User | Test | 532eaabd9574880dbf76b9b8cc00832c20a6ec113d682299550d7a6e0f345e25 | sha256 | Test User | 666 | byronnielson@gmail.com | http://tiltedlogic.org | 13837 Beaver Drive | Roscoe | IL | 61073 | US | 0 | Test | Miriam01 | | | guest | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | 2022-09-21 12:10:03 | 2022-09-21 12:10:03 | 0 | 0

Unknown column 'allow_private_notes' in 'field list'

I re-did the install and still get the same error.

Any ideas about how to fix this?

Thanks,

Byron

Ken Roy

Byron,

You may have done the re-install, but did you run the Database Update step?  The allow_private_notes field was added by the database update in TNG 13.1