TNG Community
Jan Christensen

How to add a document consisting of several pages.

Jan Christensen

Hi
I have tried to find a way to add a document which consists of several pages to the document section in the media gallery, but so far no solution.
Is there at way to do this?

I first tried to add the document as a pdf-file, but no matter what I did, I only got a message telling me the pdf-file was too large according to settings in the php.ini file.

Regards
Jan Christensen

Jan Christensen

I tried two different pdf-files. The first was 20 Mb, but the second was only 3,2 Mb.
Still the same error-message.

So I thought the PDF-compressor would have problems reducing the 20 Mb file enough.

:-)

bhemph

Can you add the document if you mark specify image instead of generate thumbnail?  I think the thumbnail generator has a 1 MB size limit.

theKiwi
On 9/18/2022 at 4:04 AM, Jan Christensen said:

Hi
I have tried to find a way to add a document which consists of several pages to the document section in the media gallery, but so far no solution.
Is there at way to do this?

I first tried to add the document as a pdf-file, but no matter what I did, I only got a message telling me the pdf-file was too large according to settings in the php.ini file.

Regards
Jan Christensen

One option is the Show Folio Mod - it lets you create a folio of more than one image (so images of the pages of a book or report) to a person.

https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php/Showfolio_Mod

You can see an example of it in action here

http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/getperson.php?personID=I4&tree=Roger

and scroll down to the Military section and then click the first item there for World War One Service Record

Roger