TNG Community
Paul Barrett

Hod do I change the anchor person

Paul Barrett

Update:

Please ignore everything beneath the line.  Although that was my original request, my own testing proved I needed to change the question.  I leave that n place in case you want contaxt.

How do I change the anchor person for a tree please?  I have a tree where the anchor person was Queen Elizabeth and I need to change it to King Charles.  I used the GEDCOM idea decribed below but it made no difference - the anchor person did not chnage

Regards

Paul

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's an oddball request and it arises from the death of HM Queen Elzabeth

The TNG installation I admin for Berkshire Family History Society has a members' trees facility hosted in TNG... One instance, multiple trees.

One of those trees is the Royal Family's because Windsor Castle is in Berkshire.  The tree was created with the Queen as I001 and so all relationships in the tree are calculated with reference to her, as head of state and sovereign.

I need to change that so that the Queen is assigned another random ID and King Charles III's ID becomes I001 so that he becomes the reference point

Is that doable please?  How might I go about it?

One idea that occurred to me was to export the tree to GEDCOM, then use NotePad++ to edit teh GEDCOM to change all ocurrences of I001 to I999 and then change all occurrences of I005 (King Charles) to I001.  Would that work?

Regards

Paul Barrett

edglimited

Hi Paul. Ask Steve over on SKDavis. This is something, he would know how to do, if it was doable. Cheers Drew..

Paul Barrett

Good thinking Drew.  Should've thought of that

Although my question has morphed based on a test I did

I tried the GEDCOM trick on a test site and although it worked in the sene that it allowed me to swap the IDs, it didn't achieve the desired effect because the anchor person is not set by whoever is ID1 and so didn't change.

So my question now is, how do I change the anchor ID?

edglimited

I know in MyHeritage, you can assign an Anchor. So you would have to upload the gedcom and assign it to a person. I keep this bookmark handy, so it might be of some use too you. Theres a bit on Anchors in it... https://www.gedcompublisher.com/en/contents.htm#t17

The alternative is give Darrin a buzz at the Bat Cave..