TNG Community
AD-6 SkyRaider

Blog Mod? Ideas for the Extra Links?

AD-6 SkyRaider

I'm using template 17, I have the extra links up top - Third and Fourth Link - I could, obviously delete them, or add another tree.
I don't want to add additional trees or branches.

So I was thinking maybe a blog? Or article format maybe? Is there a blog mod?

What have you all seen or done with the extra link?

Screenshot 2022-09-09 113343.jpg

edglimited

What do "you" want to put up there...????

There was a Forum Mod, that was partly created some time ago, however, that is no longer being worked on. It is now easier to upload a Forum Software package, such as phpBB, to your host and simply link it, into His Side, Her Side, Third Link, Fourth etc.. (see attachment) copy and paste the third and forth link again in the feature box and watch what happens to your top menu. You can also use feature links as well. (see 2nd attachment). Your call..!!!!

Drew...

Screenshot 2022-09-10 at 09-36-40 Van Peer Project TNG Admin (Modify Template Configuration Settings).png

Screenshot 2022-09-10 at 09-10-10 Van Peer Project.png

AD-6 SkyRaider

I'm not really sure what I want up there. I was hoping for some ideas. I know I want a place for articles. I was thinking that could be one and a link to our Ancestry.com place.
I'll have a look at the phpBB. I like that and it sounds interesting.

Thanks!

Katryne

Year ago, I had a site made with a CMS all-in-one : classified pages, forum, photo album, newsletter ... It did the jobs, well, approximatively. Then I decided to use several CMS each being specialized and doing its job to the perfection. I started fidgeting with the css, to get a somewhat similar look. Creating links from each site to the others. Sometimes I even managed (with some help) to have the same loging credentials. And I was able to use the album photos directly within the editors of the forum and the "pages" CMS (not a blog)

My forum is PunBB, the ancestor of FluxBB. My photo-album is Piwigo. And my classified pages are made with a very confidential CMS still in beta version.

For my family websites, I started a new project last January, inspired by the Nr 19 TNG template. (still under construction)

Classified pages is here : https://chauvigne.info/

Photo album is here : https://album.chauvigne.info/

And last but not least, tng is here  : https://clan.chauvigne.info/

I have no need of a forum for the family ring, but I have 2 or 3  in others projects.

edglimited

Perhaps add Sites like Gedmatch where people can upload their gedcom to see if they can get a DNA Match with you, that can draw them back to your Site, to see what you have and who they might know. Or try MyTrueAncestry again people can upload their gedcom and trace their Ancestry back to around 40,000 years ago. Depending on each others DNA Matches, you can also connect with relatives you have'nt yet met. Plus a few surprises, believe me.!!!

Another is the Haplogroup machine, which can give you your Haplogroup from your DNA to give you better matches with people. You can find that here at Morley Haplogroup

Add those links to your Site and draw people in. Remember, sell the sizzle, not the steak.

Cheers Drew

AD-6 SkyRaider
5 hours ago, Katryne said:

My forum is PunBB, the ancestor of FluxBB. My photo-album is Piwigo. And my classified pages are made with a very confidential CMS still in beta version.

That is still outside my wheelhouse. I know basic, typical front end but still have a long way to go.