TNG Community

Done with Simply Hosting -- are you happy with your hosting service?

paulbotts

I've about reached the end of my patience with Simply Hosting. After years of working just fine, and with no changes having been made at my end, their hosting of my TNG 13.01 website has become a steady drip of headaches. Over and over now I have to do the routine of submitting a support ticket, they respond and patch the day's issue, but they never manage to explain what is causing the problem or what I need to change if anything. And within hours or days here we go again with either the same issue or a brand-new one. Enough already.

So I'd be glad to know of other hosting providers that TNG users are happy with for hosting TNG websites. Ease of TNG setup, and then reliability of hosting service, are my primary considerations. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Cheers,

Paul Botts

I'm with SiteGround and thoroughly recommend them. I didn't have any issues installing and setting up TNG with them. Been with them for years.

I would post my referral code here, but it probably isn't appropriate and benefits me mostly (extra months added on to my plan when people use it).

I'm New Zealand based and I like the fact that you can pick the location of the shared servers your site is hosted on (Sydney being the closest for me) if you are likely to get traffic from one country in particular.

Hello !

My sites have been hosted at Ionos (ex- 1&1) since 2005. I am very happy with them. Support (based in France)  is available by phone 24/24. I live in France and the servers are in Germany.

Rob Severijns

I'm have been using Argeweb (YourHosting by the end of the year) for almost a decade..

Very sattisfied with their products and services. 

Whenever I had a question or needed help they respond very quickly.

Servers are in the Netherlands only.

Newfloridian

I'm not sure what is a standard feature of cPanel and what is an add-on.

My host server in EUKHost (based in Leeds, UK) and has been so over 10 years. One of the features it has in cPanel is an app called MultiPHP Manager. This allows the end user to set the level of PHP used anywhere between PHP version 5.4 and PHP version 8. They do have notices to the effect that some versions are no longer supported but have also given the assuance that they won't be removed from availability.

This finction alone has been invaluable given all the multitudinous changes that the authors of PHP have thrust upon us over the months and years. I must admit that I have fixed on TNG 10.1.3 (for my own website's reasons) but am happily running on PHP 7.3

Might be worth a look to see what features and add-ons any new provider you choose has to offer.

Alan