TNG Community
Jason_Scanlan

Clean up my Source Information

Jason_Scanlan

I am new to TNG and when I imported my GEDCOM, it brought a lot of information in the source that I can not find to remove. I want to clean it up but if I go to edit on source I can't find where all the text is coming from. Here is an example. Does anyone have a suggestion.  Thanks

image.png

Chris Lloyd

Go to admin>sources and for your example search for 1880 USFed census. and use the edit  button - some of that info may appear there. Alternatively go to the person the source is attached to, click edit link next to last modified. WQhen that page opens find the source entry and open it then click edit and it should show all the info attached to that source for that person.

Jason_Scanlan

Thank You Chris - I have done that but when I go to the edit tab the information is not in there. It is embedded somehow. I have also opened the database table and can not find the information in there either. It is hidden somewhere and I just can't find out where.

edglimited
1 hour ago, Jason_Scanlan said:

Thank You Chris - I have done that but when I go to the edit tab the information is not in there. It is embedded somehow. I have also opened the database table and can not find the information in there either. It is hidden somewhere and I just can't find out where.

The source is'nt embedded. It  does'nt reside in the profile or in your sources. The S1171908318 is a link back to MyHeritage. If you view your attachment, there are links galore. When you import a gedcom from MyHeritage or Ancestry, only the source number is bought across. All other info, pics, docs etc remain with them.  One way is to delete the source number off each profile. The other way is view all of your sources and tick each box for "blank" S numbers from MyHeritage and bulk delete.

Drew..

Jason_Scanlan
3 hours ago, edglimited said:

The source is'nt embedded. It  does'nt reside in the profile or in your sources. The S1171908318 is a link back to MyHeritage. If you view your attachment, there are links galore. When you import a gedcom from MyHeritage or Ancestry, only the source number is bought across. All other info, pics, docs etc remain with them.  One way is to delete the source number off each profile. The other way is view all of your sources and tick each box for "blank" S numbers from MyHeritage and bulk delete.

Drew..

Thank You Drew -