TNG Community
matvernier

How to check "Allow edit profile" box by default

matvernier

I have searched this forum and can't find a simple solution to my question. Is there an option or configuration somewhere to have the parameter "Allow to edit user profile and change password" checked by default? As it is, I need to go and check this box manually for each single new user getting register to our site. Thank you!

image.png

Ken Roy

There is no such option, because if you define a Guest Username that you publish to allow guest users to login to your site that requires user login, that userID should not have the privilege to edit the profile and change the password which then cripples your published Guest Login credentials.

You could send a request to Darrin who might be able to do something in the AJAX dialog when other user roles are selected.

matvernier

This is a good point, Ken. However, in my case, if I was to create a Guest account that should not be edited, I would 'uncheck' that single user's box, instead of having to manually 'check" the new users. I now have over 1700 such users. Thank you for mentionning that particular case.