TNG Community
harrieklomp

Occupations and theire translations

harrieklomp

Hi all,

I do use TNG and i am still searching what all is possible and the power of the program.

Now i am wondering if it is implemented as translation the occupation of a person.

Let me give a example...
I can add a occupation for a person. In this example he is a Shoe maker. In the picture below the occupation is written in Dutch.
Selectie_199.jpg

The actual question is if there are translations for this? Or do i need another solution to translate this?

Greetings,
Harrie

Katryne

Hello, I do not know of a way to implement translations for the TNG data themselves.

The general frame lang strings are translated according to the language. The home page and its different elements can be given different translations according to the language, but that's all.

Ken Roy

Data entered in the database either directly or through import is not translated.

If you want to translation the occupation, you will need to enter values for each language that you want to use on your site.  If you use a lot of languages the occupation field might not be big enough thereby causing truncation.

harrieklomp
44 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

If you want to translation the occupation, you will need to enter values for each language that you want to use on your site.  If you use a lot of languages the occupation field might not be big enough thereby causing truncation.

That should be not a problem.
Do you have a suggestion how or where i could do that?