TNG Community

UTF-8 is not working always

azizdogan

Hi,

i noticed that on some pages UTF-8 is not working.
I am working with special turkish characters. In the media section i add media - and all characters are displayed in the correct way and stored also in the right way. See  attachment 1.

On pages like showmedia.php  i dont see this special characters - neither in the header - page title they are correct. See attachment 2.

So characters like Ğ are not shown in all sites.

Anyone an idea how to solve that display problem? Maybe there is a function like htmlspecialchars() who is destrozing that UTF-8 characters?

screen2.png

screen1.png

Rob Severijns

Aziz,

I don't think I have the solution for you but looking at the first screenshot I see parts of it are in German and the rest is in I guess Turkish.

Is there a secondaire language installed.

There might be some charactersetting in your database settings  that is not in line with the one choosen during install.

Have a look at your phpmyadmin and check the TNG languages. my collation setting there is utf8_general_ci 

Hopefully that helps.

In order for UTF-8 to be displayed correctly everything must be UTF-8.  (Database, GEDCOM,  The ? would indicate that some of the text appears to be ASCII or ANSI.

See the different articles in the Charset category on the TNG Wiki. Since I do not read the language used on your screen captures, I am not sure where the data with ? in it is coming from or being translated by AJAX functions.

Hi,

all is in UTF-8. So its not a problem of charset or encoding. There are 2 fields in the database. Description and ALTDescription, notes and altnotes. All stuff from alternate fields is displayed wrong. I solved it now - it has to be put in description and notes.

4 minutes ago, azizdogan said:

Description and ALTDescription, notes and altnotes. All stuff from alternate fields is displayed wrong. I solved it now - it has to be put in description and notes.

You might let Darrin know by emailing him directly since he does not monitor the forum.