TNG Community
rick78

New install trouble with installation page

rick78

Hello All, 
I have been running my TNG on an older Ubuntu and need to migrate to new installation (22.04). This is self hosted.
I have everything still running well on my Ubuntu 20.10 with Nginx. 
I am trying to first setup TNG on the new server as a fresh install. I am using Nginx and I am getting an error when I click on anything in the readme.html.

So clicking the set permissions button makes a popup 502 error. I attached the screenshot.
I reinstalled this server twice thinking I may have done something wrong and it still happens.

Can someone provide some insight on what I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

Screenshot 2022-07-12 at 13.44.15.png

rick78

Hello 

I have solved this (and other issues).
Since I am self hosting, and not an expert, it took some time to figure out what was causing this. 
PHP 8.1 was installed but PHP 7.4 was required. I am not sure where this is defined, but in the error.log for Nginx, I could see the following error:  
 connect() to unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm.sock failed

php7.4-fpm.pid was missing in /run/php

Fix:
sudo apt-get install php7.4-fpm

service nginx restart
service php7.4-fpm restart

Later on the install page the mysql was kicking out an error when trying to test the database and user settings. I tested the user and database management manually and it was fine from the CLI.   It was because the php7.4-mysql was missing. 

sudo apt install php7.4-mysqli

Then I could get green on all items and the install completed and is working now.
I hope this helps anyone who is self hosting.

More info on my self hosted installation: 
Hardware: RaspberryPi 4 with 8GB
Software: Vmware ESXI ARM Edition v.1.9
Mysql: MariaDB v.10.6.7
TNG: v.13.1.2

Ken Roy

What makes you say that PHP 7.4 is required for the full install?  It was successfully tested with PHP 8.1 on a hosting service during beta test.

I know nothing about nginx, so it might be a server configuration issue.   Is it possible based on the error shown

6 hours ago, rick78 said:

connect() to unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm.sock failed

that the server needs to specify PHP 8.1 for the default 3306 port and for the MySQL socket?

I ask because on ICDSoft you need to now specify a port and socket to access MySQL 8

Michel KIRSCH
8 hours ago, rick78 said:

PHP 8.1 was installed but PHP 7.4 was required

misinterpretation :
PHP 7.4.1 is installed on your machine but some files were missing.

You can now install PHP8 on your machine if you wish.

rick78

Thank you guys for the replies. At first, I was unable to find out why my installation was wanting 7.4 only.

It is the configuration of my Nginx.  I transferred my virtual server file from my previous installation and did not know this was manually configured in my server block.
I cannot remember why I configured this manually, but I seem to remember I had an issue with the version that was installed by default at that time and I think that is why I installed 7.4 and pointed to that.

Thanks.