Jump to content
TNG Community
marcirish

Census Plus International - Beta for 1950 US / 1921 UK Census TNG 13.0 censusplus_v13.0.0.13_beta-1

Recommended Posts

marcirish

I have just installed this mod and imported my first DOM file.  It worked great!  However when I click in the view Image tab I get a message that it can't find the server because the Url created looks like this: https://www.ancestry.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/62308/images/43290879-Nevada-088197-0005

 

Notice that ancestry is in the URL twice.  If I manually delete one of them I an take directly to the image.  What have I done to make ancestry show up twice?

 

Thanks.

 

Marc

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ken Roy

Marc,

You have not done anything wrong  There is a bug in the code change I made in lines 232-233 of cpscrapeALL.php

//v13.0.0.11$censusurl="http://interactive.".$sitename."/".$dbidtran."/".$iidtran;
$censusurl = "https://www.ancestry.$sitename/imageviewer/collections/$dbidtran/images/$iidtran";

Line 233 should have been changed to simply https://www from http://interactive

$censusurl = "https://www.$sitename/imageviewer/collections/$dbidtran/images/$iidtran";

You will need to update the censusurl field in the cp_base record for any census DOM you have imported.

The Import process was not working when v13.0.0.11 of the mod was posted. Brent Hemphill fixed the import for v13.0.0.13 b1 and I did not catch the error, so thanks for reporting this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ken Roy

Everyone,

If you are using the Census Plus International mod, please update the sites using section.

It has become impossible to know who to ask to beta test changes since users are no longer updating that they are using the mods.  I do not like to post betas directly to the wiki.  I am working on other changes and would like some beta testers. 

With our son and grandkids visiting from Texas this week I may not have time until next week to put the next beta together, but will try to post a fix for the problem Marc reported.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marcirish
8 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

Marc,

You have not done anything wrong  There is a bug in the code change I made in lines 232-233 of cpscrapeALL.php


//v13.0.0.11$censusurl="http://interactive.".$sitename."/".$dbidtran."/".$iidtran;
$censusurl = "https://www.ancestry.$sitename/imageviewer/collections/$dbidtran/images/$iidtran";

Line 233 should have been changed to simply https://www from http://interactive


$censusurl = "https://www.$sitename/imageviewer/collections/$dbidtran/images/$iidtran";

You will need to update the censusurl field in the cp_base record for any census DOM you have imported.

The Import process was not working when v13.0.0.11 of the mod was posted. Brent Hemphill fixed the import for v13.0.0.13 b1 and I did not catch the error, so thanks for reporting this issue.

Should I make the change in the mod for now>

 

And I am not sure how to update the censusurlfield in the cp_base record.

 

thanks.

Marc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marcirish
12 minutes ago, marcirish said:

Should I make the change in the mod for now>

 

And I am not sure how to update the censusurlfield in the cp_base record.

 

thanks.

Marc

I figured out how to fix the data in cp_base reecord.  I also made the change to lin 233 in cpscrapeALL.php.

 

Hopefully all is good.

 

Marc

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marcirish
32 minutes ago, marcirish said:

I figured out how to fix the data in cp_base reecord.  I also made the change to lin 233 in cpscrapeALL.php.

 

Hopefully all is good.

 

Marc

 

After I made the change to line 233 in cpscrapeALL.php and put it back in the appropriate directory I downloaded another DOM file but it still created the double ancestry.  Do I need to do anything else?

 

Thanks.

 

Marc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ken Roy

Marc,

Unless you uninstalled and re-installed, you also need to save the module you updated in your TNG root directory for it to be used during the import.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marcirish
3 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

Marc,

Unless you uninstalled and re-installed, you also need to save the module you updated in your TNG root directory for it to be used during the import.

Ken.

I figured that out finally and then unistalled and reinstalled the module with the correction you provided.  Thans.

 

Marc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ken Roy

Unless I can figure out how Ancestry is changing their site to use https://www.ancestry.com/discoveryui-content/view instead of the previous https://www.ancestry.$sitename/imageviewer/collections/dbid/images/imageID it might not be possible to provide the link to the image on Ancestry.

It appears that the http://interactive.ancestry.com/dbid/iid URLs no longer work, so I am not sure how to convert them in the cp_base table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ken Roy
8 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

Unless I can figure out how Ancestry is changing their site to use https://www.ancestry.com/discoveryui-content/view

Mis-interpreted what is returned in the search.  Theimageviewer/collections/dbid/images/imageID appears to still be valid.  The challenge is to construct the database censusURL conversion using the existing entry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×