TNG Community
LBelard

Multiple sites and databases on the same hosting provider

LBelard

Hello.

I have a TNG site up and running (https://belard.pt). I am now trying to implement a second TNG site, for another family, on the same server/hosting service. I bought a second TNG license, created a second SQL database on my server, created a second database user and installed the TNG software on a different folder, but when it comes to connecting it to the database I get the message "Existing user records have been detected. To proceed you must first log in or remove all records from the users table".

I am a bit puzzled and, of course, afraid of damaging anything on the first, up-and-running site. Can anyone give me a tip on what should I do next?

Thank you.

tngrlkrz

Make sure the new user is in the second database, not the first, since each TNG site must have it's own user table. There should be no other user records in the second database.  Check your TNG folder paths.

LBelard

Ron,

Thank you very much. I double checked, the new database user is indeed in the new database, and I did not create any other user there. I keep getting the same error message.

How can I check my TNG folder paths? I am still in the installation process, step 6...

Luis

LBelard

SOLVED.

Deleted everything and re-started the whole installation process. This time everything went smoothly.

Thank you, Ron, for your help.