TNG Community
kozman

Disable View of One of two trees

kozman

I have two trees uploaded to my TNG site. One is my first tree I made on my TNG site. The other is one I loaded in from Myheratige.com.  I want only one tree for view to guests. If that is not possible I guess I can save the first tree offline to my computer? I want to not allow visitors to see the first tree but for allow me to crosscheck data if I need. 

Peace,

kozman

Michel KIRSCH

In Admin / Users you can restrict the access to the tree you want for the user you want:

Capture.JPG

Ken Roy

Michel's answer might work for logged in users but not if you site is open or semi-open.

You could take a look at the Private Trees  mod but be aware that the developer is no longer active in the community.

edglimited
3 hours ago, kozman said:

I have two trees uploaded to my TNG site. One is my first tree I made on my TNG site. The other is one I loaded in from Myheratige.com.  I want only one tree for view to guests. If that is not possible I guess I can save the first tree offline to my computer? I want to not allow visitors to see the first tree but for allow me to crosscheck data if I need. 

Peace,

kozman

There is an option, or two, whereby you could (maybe) add a button to your top Menu Bar, (depends on what template you use) named "Guests", that they could use, to view the proposed tree. Or you could add a button to your ribbon menu bar, with the same option. The other option is the 4th button, (end of ribbon bar) which you can name Guests. On my Site, I use the name "Links".

Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 09-41-50 Van Peer Project.png