TNG Community

Kloosterman method mobile view

rakelbara

I'm almost there with the Kloosterman method (I must say I love not having to use iframes anymore), but the mobile view is still bugging me. If you look at my website, f.ex. here: https://www.legstadaleit.com/tng/getperson.php?personID=I13565&tree=Tree2 you can see that the content doesn't fit the screen. I have noticed that a couple of other sites using the Kloosterman method, don't have this problem and they seem to somehow switch to TNG mobile view. How do you set your site up with regards to the mobile view?

Did you setup TNG correctly or mobile view, see screenshot.

PS: I personally switch to standard site on my iPhone, to show the WP layout and color scheme

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-01 om 08.07.21.png

Thank you for the reply. No I wasn't aware of these options. But when I go to look at them, they look different from yours (I'm using v.13.0.4):

image.png

I see.  Unfortunately I can't install two out of the three recommended mobile mods. The only one I can install is the individual page map, but the other two look like this (see below). I suspect it is because I had to make a few changes to change the way TNG sorts and displays names, because that does not work correcly with the Icelandic name tradion. I suspect it's that, but I'm not sure. I did those changes under the guidance of Darrin.

image.png

image.png

Do you have the most recent TNG version? 

If not update and use the corresponding Mod versions.

You have probably a mismatch between the TNG version and the Mod versions