TNG Community
Derrick

showsource page display problem

Derrick

For years, my showsource pages have added in my custom TNG header above the table that displays the source. Here is an example:

https://ancestors.pitard.net/showsource.php?sourceID=S221&tree=1sttree

I have no idea what might be causing this. It has lasted through several iterations of TNG. The Citation Master mod has not effect either way. Does anyone have an idea how this might be fixed? I am not good enough with code to figure out way. none of the other sub-pages have this problem.

Thanks for any help -

Derrick

fluffy82

I don't know what effect that will have on your other pages, but if you remove

.title {
    float: right;
}

the problem seems to be solved...

You can either remove it alltogether, or set it to "float: none;". As long as it is not left or right, it works.

This line seems to be in the showsource.php, not in a separate .css file by the way. So removing it will probably not effect other pages at all.

Derrick

Well, that changes all of the other pages, and moves the header image with the page title that normally sits on the right onto another row. That's a start, though. I wonder why it is confused only on that page.

Nice eye for the code, though! thank you.

Derrick

fluffy82
1 hour ago, Derrick said:

Well, that changes all of the other pages

I see... The problem is that there's two different divs with different needs and behaviours that got the same class...

The best solution would be to change the class of one of them. I don't use Citation Master and I haven't looked at its code, but my guess is that the title class is added by the mod. In the TNG demo I see that the title row in sources is unnamed...

What I would do if it was my own website:

• uninstall Citation Master
  • go into the mod file, and locate where it assigns the "class = title" to this part of the source
  • change it into something unique manually (like "class = sourcetitle" or something like that)
  • re-install the mod
  • add all the css properties of the title-class to you your custom css, but for the new class name, and leave out the float right

This way the title class on your site will still float right, and this one place won't.

EDIT: you don't even need to rename it nor copy the css. The css that goes with the title class is actually useless for this. It makes the row unnecessarily high (because the height is set for the image in your header, not the text).

So if you just remove the "class = title" from the mod, it will work as well.