Jump to content
TNG Community
MadRanger

Cenus Plus Edit tab

Recommended Posts

MadRanger

In a recent post ref cpu usage and Census Plus International (CPI),   MOD author Ken Roy suggested I delete “unused rows for the census transcript by using the Admin > Census Plus International > Edit tab.”

I should have begun that process back when I started using CPI but did not because I repeatedly found additional families on the same sheet – sometimes weeks after I first imported the DOM. There may have been a simple workaround or two to re-importing – but I chose not delete the unused. That appears to have been an unfortunate decision.  Regardless, I now have 9015 pages of “Edit tab” results that presents a problem: it takes 60-plus minutes to run the query while using ~14% cpu . Going to a second page of the query results takes another 60-minute delay – or thereabouts.

Is there a way I can run a query at the cP to accomplish the same result with this caveat: there are times when I want to keep unlinked persons who appear in a household; those persons might be servants, lodgers, etc.

Thanks,

Regis

www.CarrFamilyTree.com

TNG v13.1.2

Censusplus_v13.0.0.13_beta-1

Share this post


Link to post
Ken Roy

Regis,

Why are you trying to process your whole database at once.  You need to narrow the Edit search by CP Base ID or by Transcript ID?

You have a lot of Census Records if you try to process all of them at once you will run into issues and could get suspended by your host again.  Remember I was not able to restore your cpdata_table using the TNG table restore because it is way too big.

Share this post


Link to post
Ken Roy

Regis,

If I click Edit on a copy of your database, it returns 449,024 rows to process. 

When I enter the TranscriptID, it returns 40 rows to process.

So please, please enter the TranscriptID in the input field as the text on the Edit page indicates and then click Search

Share this post


Link to post
Ken Roy

Regis,

In testing changes for v13.0.0.13 b2, I noticed that the copy of your database I have does not have any indexes besides the record number column for the tables.

You might take a look at your cpdata_table, for example and if it only has the Primary index, then go to Admin > Mod Manager for the Census Plus International mod and click the button for Create CPI Indexes. 

Share this post


Link to post
MadRanger

Ken,

Sorry for the delay in replying - I kept looking for an email advising me there was a reply to the post. I never gave up on trying to rectify the data-overload; although, I ran into an issue when I tried to return to the Edit tab from any other tab in Census Plus. I eventually went to the control panel to fix the table  - vice optimize the table. (All this work is being accomplished on my localhost.) Somehow I finally was able to return to the screen where I could enter a single transcript ID. I have been making steady progress for the last three days - seems the cure is worse than the disease.  :)  I am about 5% through the purge process and image I will get the remaining 95% in time. As ever, thank you for all your help and advice. I will next look into "Create CPI indexes." 

Regis

Edit - I found the emails - I forgot that I changed the handling rule in Outlook...

Share this post


Link to post
Ken Roy

Regis,

Please contact me offlist, since I am confused by the following statements.

28 minutes ago, MadRanger said:

I eventually went to the control panel to fix the table  - vice optimize the table. (All this work is being accomplished on my localhost.)

If you are accomplishing this on your localhost, how are you accessing the control panel.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×