TNG Community
rakelbara

Display a random photo

rakelbara
5 hours ago, HeatherFeuer said:

What theme are you using? It really is quite easy. And TNG plugins will work with it.

If you would like help, I offer integration services here: https://clients.uniquelyyourshosting.biz/order/main/packages/wptngintegration/?group_id=3

I'm using the Astra Theme. I'll have to get back to you on the integration services, money is a bit tight atm unfortunately. But thanks anyway :)

klooster

The Astra WP Theme has, as far as I know, no problems with my TNG-WP integration.

HeatherFeuer
3 hours ago, rakelbara said:

I'm using the Astra Theme. I'll have to get back to you on the integration services, money is a bit tight atm unfortunately. But thanks anyway :)

Martin Mosley uses that theme here: https://mosleyfamilies.net and he has done wonderful things using the Kloosterman integration. I really highly recommend you try again.

rakelbara

19 hours ago, HeatherFeuer said:

Martin Mosley uses that theme here: https://mosleyfamilies.net and he has done wonderful things using the Kloosterman integration. I really highly recommend you try again.

Now I remember what the issue was  with the Kloosterman method, I couldn't get the CSS to work correctly. See here: Kloosterman method CSS issue - WordPress - TNG Community

klooster

Don’t change anything in the TNG-WP Topmenu as I instructed. The WP-blogheader.php only function is to start the WP-load.php.  So do not put any styling in the WP-TNG topmenu. It has just one objective to start WP and sandwiches TNG between the WP header and the WP footer. 

rakelbara

Is there a way to get the Kloosterman method to work with the WP installation in a folder of its own, like the TNG installation? 

I already have that setup, and I could create a staging for the new WP (Kloosterman) and get it to work there and then go live. My site is quite big so I can't just take it off-line to work on the setup.

Like this:
-Root
- - WP
- - TNG
- - Staging WP - Kloosterman

klooster

I do not understand your remark, and Iquote; ”is there a way to get the Kloosterman method to work with the WP installation in a folder of its own, like the TNG”)

As I instructed put WP in the root of your domain and TNG in subdirectory of WP.

So WP an TNG are in a folder of their own.

PS: we are getting off the original topic; “display random photo problem”. Please start another topic about your problem.

rakelbara

Oh sorry I thought you meant WP directly in the root. I guess I can move forward as is :) Thanks :) 

klooster

YES, WP directly in the root! I do not want to shout, BUT read my instructions carefully!!

rakelbara

No sorry again!! Your setup is like this:
-Root
- - WP
- - - TNG

What I am wondering is if would be possible to get it to work like this:
-Root
- - WP
- - TNG

klooster

NO IT IS NOT

WP in the ROOT

PS: we are getting off the original topic; “display random photo problem”. Please start another topic about your problem.