TNG Community

Template 19 questions

Jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre

Template 19 looks great, but I wanted to do two small changes:

- underline links on hover (on home page)
Changing the general styles in templatestyle.css (lines 29-35) has no effect at all (even deleting them). So, the link colors and effects must be defined or overwritten elsewhere - but where?

- surname cloud
I included the surname cloud from Template 21, but instead of colored names, all names have the same dark blue color. Why?

Maybe that the two problems are linked, but I don't see what to change. Any hint?

8 minutes ago, Jean-Pierre said:

Template 19 looks great, but I wanted to do two small changes:

- underline links on hover (on home page)
Changing the general styles in templatestyle.css (lines 29-35) has no effect at all (even deleting them). So, the link colors and effects must be defined or overwritten elsewhere - but where?

- surname cloud
I included the surname cloud from Template 21, but instead of colored names, all names have the same dark blue color. Why?

Maybe that the two problems are linked, but I don't see what to change. Any hint?

Jean-Pierre

If you are able to include a url link to your site, I will check the css for you..

To underline the links of the left hand side menu, eg: Home, Search, Login, etc, add the following to the mytngstyle.css file in the template css folder.

div.icons a:hover {
  text-decoration: underline;
}

Hope that helps.

Edited by RickM
Presumption Made

To get underline when hovering the main menu items, the code given above by Rick is perfect. You just have to put it in templates/template19/css/mytngstyle.css.

I have tested, it's OK. If you want this underline feature elsewhere, just tell us where.

Jean-Pierre

Thank you Katryne. I see now that Rick's proposal works on the main menu. What I wanted in fact was to underline links in the right side content area, where they are difficult to find in the text. I will also give the Cloud mod a try.

Jean-Pierre, you may try :

Citation

a:hover {text-decoration:underline;}

It should underline any link of the site when hovering

Rob Severijns
1 hour ago, Katryne said:

It should underline any link of the site when hovering

Unfortunatly it doesn't underline links placed in Notes when hovering.

At least not on my site.

See an example of one of my links below.

<em><a rel="nofollow" style="color:#7b6241" href="https://www.severijns.family/Severijns/placesearch.php?psearch=Kessel+%28Ant+-+Bel%29&tree=Sev1" target="_blank" title"Link naar Kessel (Ant - Bel) ">Kessel (Ant - Bel)</a></em>

Rob Severijns

Katryne,

This does the trick.

a:hover {text-decoration:underline;
}

ul li a:hover{text-decoration:underline;
}

And how do you like my links, here  (not hover, just links) : https://clan.chauvigne.info/

Edit : in fact, I won't let them like that, because of the Cloud of names : all links are identical there. Unless I find a way not to take into account the Cloud of names.

Edit Edit : I found the way.

And please : no critic, I always liked glitters ... and unicorns

Rob Severijns

Well done Katryne,

I really like the changing colors of the links on your page It makes the page more lively instead of static text.👍

Last but not least "what a lovely ÿoung girl in the picture". So young and so innocent. 😀

Makes me want to look at the older pictures of my own daughters and having my thoughts take me back while drifting on the currents of time.