TNG Community
mFenger

Connections / Relationships

mFenger

Hi Michael,

I've had your connections MOD installed for some time - it's a great MOD.  Today I did a connection between two people that I knew that were related from the TNG built in  relationship calculator, and the MOD didn't find the relationship.

If you want to investigate, I'll be happy to give you the access you need to my website. www.nordiskeaner.com/nordiskeaner

Kind regards,

Mogens

Screenshot 2022-06-06 11.30.02.png

Screenshot 2022-06-06 11.29.50.png

mFenger

Hi Michael,

It was a merge of the paternal grandfather to person two that wasn’t being recognised.   I have come across something similar before, where I have had to unlink and link a person again to get TNG to understand the relationship.

Sorry about all this.  I should have done my homework.  Thus, your connections MOD is great and fast.

Cheers,

Mogens

fluffy82
5 hours ago, mFenger said:

It was a merge of the paternal grandfather to person two that wasn’t being recognised.

Could you elaborate on that?

I am using two mods that don't recognise parent/child relationships while TNG does. Maybe it's a similar issue...

mFenger

Sometimes when you merge two identical individuals, it seems that some queries don't understand the relationships any longer. I don't know exactly when it happens, but I guess it has something to do with families.  Quite often I have had to unlink husband and wife and then marry them again.  I cannot explain it further, because I don't anything about what's going on behind the merges other than two becomes one.  However, I do know that you have to keep the one that has wife and children.