TNG Community

1950 US Census - Census Plus

Mark Kosinski

Mark Kosinski

I'm interested in adding the 1950 US Census into Census Plus.  Other than using the mod I haven't touched any of the code.  Is adding a new census to this mod fairly easy?  Which files would have to be modified? Any guidance would be very much appreciated!

Mark,

I am working on updating the Census Plus International mod to support the 1950 US Census and the 1921 UK Census.  Send me a PM an email address I use to send you a zip file to beta test the mod when I have completed the changes.

Note that the Import function will still remain broken because Ancestry changed the way they generate their DOM source, so only the manual Add is being updated.

Edited by Ken Roy
correct information

• 2 weeks later...

I have posted v13.0.0.13 b1 of the Census Plus International mod.  Our thanks to Brent Hemphill for fixing the Import from Ancestry process and to Mark Kosinski for alpha testing the changes.

For those of you who do not use the mod, but want to access the 1950 US Census, Dr Stephen Morse's Unified Census ED Finder might be of interest to help you find your 1950 US Census since the indexes may not exist.