TNG Community
fluffy82

Regroup Person Profile vs Add Person Siblings Row

fluffy82

Hi @Robin Richmond and @Ken Roy

I have a request - but as usual please don't spend too much time in it, it's not urgent and if it's too difficult to achieve, I'm happy to live without it! I'm just hoping it's only a couple of lines of code you might do over lunch. (which it probably isn't, but one can always hope right?)

I use both the Regroup Person Profile and the Add Person Siblings Row mods.

Originally, I used APSR to display the siblings and their spouses. I know the show siblings option also exists in RPP, but I switched it off because the RPP version is not collapsible, doesn't show the number of siblings when collapsed, and doesn't show the siblings' spouses.

This always worked fine, but for some reason (since the Add Person Siblings and Ad Person Sibling Spouses mods merged into one mod) they aren't displayed with the parents anymore, but at the bottom of the page with the "other events". In the previous versions (with the two separate mods active), they were displayed with the parents. I can't revert to that double mod version, as since the last TNG update they gave fatal errors. This is the reason why I updated them to the new combined mod.

My question to you: is one of the below possible? Both are equally fine solutions, I would only need one of them :)

• modify the RPP mod so that the siblings become collapsible, and showing spouses (+ marriage date) is an option
  • keep the APSR mod exactly as it is, but have it displayed with the parents rather than in the Other Events block (I think it's because the siblings are now coded to show in the "info" block in native TNG, and that is pushed down by RPP; I understand that some people might want it in the info block rather than in the parents block, so maybe a choice option might work?)

Thanks again for any solution you can offer!

Katryne

Hello ! Have you try modifying the order of install of the 2 mods ? Maybe the respective mod lines won't be inserted at the same place...

fluffy82
4 hours ago, Katryne said:

Have you try modifying the order of install of the 2 mods ?

I've tried that but it didn't help :(

The mod explicitly puts the siblings in the info block. I'm 99% certain that it used to be different, it's always been in the parents block on my site, until I installed the merged mod.

Ken Roy

Tom,

I think Jeff had another mod that put the siblings in the parents block.

2 hours ago, fluffy82 said:

I'm 99% certain that it used to be different, it's always been in the parents block

I am trying to get out of the mod business so I am not likely to investigate moving the Add Person Siblings Row mod to a different location on the getperson.php page.   As far as i know that mod has always been in the Info block on the individual page

Robin's Regroup Person Profile mod has caused issues in other instances. 

fluffy82
1 hour ago, Ken Roy said:

I think Jeff had another mod that put the siblings in the parents block.

Yes, that's what I think happened. Jef used to have two mods (one to add the siblings, one to add the spouses to these siblings). But a couple of months ago (either in updating TNG to 13.1 or beyond, or upgrading my PHP from 7 to 8.) they broke. The could be installed, but invoked a fatal error. Looking for an update to make them work again, I saw both mods had been merged into one new mod, which does work with no errors but puts the siblings in the info block.

1 hour ago, Ken Roy said:

I am trying to get out of the mod business so I am not likely to investigate moving the Add Person Siblings Row mod to a different location on the getperson.php page.

No problem, I'll find a solution somehow/someday.

Ken Roy

Tom,

You might have been using Jeff's Add Parents Children Row mod.  As far as I know the Add Persons Sibling Row mod has always been in the Info section of the Individual page.

I spent the last several hours fighting Microsoft's monthly upgrade that was causing WampServer's Apache module to chew up CPU time.

Ken Roy
On 5/17/2022 at 9:32 AM, Ken Roy said:

I spent the last several hours fighting Microsoft's monthly upgrade that was causing WampServer's Apache module to chew up CPU time.

Note that the WampServer Apache module chewing up 20% CPU on my WampServer was not caused by the monthly Microsoft update but rather by the current version of the Show All Family mod on PHP 8.1.  I have notified Scott but he is working out of country with little Internet access.  He indicated he would look at the issue in June. 

Interestingly the new code did not chew up CPU time on my internet enabled sandbox but rather returned a Fatal error on a divide by zero.  

I installed v5c of the mod to resolve my high CPU usage in Apache