TNG Community
mycroft

Relationship Display Mod bug

mycroft

Hello, I have quite an irritating and completely bewildering problem with the Relation Display mod (https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Relationship_Display_Mod) that has never happened before and emerged only after the TNG update 13.1.1 (and persists in 13.1.2).

Wherever I am, the mod calculates the default person's (mine) relationship to an inexistent person ("~"). This inexistent person is one of my cousin's "virtual" husband (I don't know his name, but they have children, i.e. there's placeholder in the tree, one of dozens instances of this kind in my tree). I don't know what to do so that the mod calculates relationship dynamically (with an individual, whose tab is open at a given time). On every single page, mod's output is that I'm "the 2 x cousin of the spouse of ~". Any ideas? Anyone had a similar bug?

I have the most current version installed: reldisplay_v10.0.0.1

I have written to mod developer (J. Robison), but got no response.

image.png

Ken Roy

Jeff is no longer active in the community.  Chances are you are running a higher level of PHP than the mod supports.  I do not use that mod so cannot provide any additional help in fixing the mod

tngrlkrz

Will P.M. you another version to try later when home.

tngrlkrz

MyCroft indicated the version I sent him resolved his problem.  It is an unpublished version which I will PM on request if someone else is having a similar issue. Until it is published,  there is no support for this version yet.

stores

Great, i would like a copy as well... Thanks Ron

Jim

tngrlkrz

Since, before publishing, it resolved a similar issue of the  Relationship_Display_Mod for several users on TNG 13.1.2,  I decided to publish on the wiki version 13.1.0.2.  It was a collaborative effort which was sitting on the shelf for some time.  Note some language issue might remain which were being worked on by Brent Hemphill.

wingfield

hello,

the version 13.1.0.2 will not install??  any thoughts?

davidrelation.jpgrelation.jpg

Michel KIRSCH

David,

click on the "Cannot install..." section and send us a screen shot

Michel

wingfield

Michel,

thank you.  here you go.

David

cannot_install.jpg

Michel KIRSCH

If you have mods installed, uninstall the mods modifying relationship.php

(Mod Manager / "Analyse tng files" tab then click on relationship.php to see which mods modify it)

then replace your relationship.php file by a copy from the original TNG files.

wingfield

Michel,

the only mod modifying the relationship.php file is the one in question.  should I still replace?  wouldn't that just be starting over having same impact as uninstalling the mod?

David

analyze.jpg

RickM

David,

I would suggest replacing the relationship.php file with a clean copy from a full version d/load zip of TNG 13.1.2.

wingfield

Rick and Michel,

as always, very helpful folks on this forum.  replacing the relationship.php file allowed the mod to install properly.

thanx,

David